It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2003, 06:37 AM   #1

XxHelloKittyxX HB User
Unhappy moving boyfriend

A couple of months ago my boyfriend for 6 months told me that he is going to be moving in August, but he's moving to a whole new state. I haven't been taking this very well. What should i do try to stay with him or break up with him now?

Old 04-24-2003, 03:25 PM   #2

FaithfulyWaiting HB User
Red face

Hi Kitty,
I think that if you really love your boyfriend that you will be able to keep the relationship up, even though there is such a distance. My boyfriend lives 3000 miles away from me, and we're doing really good at keeping the relationship up, because we REALLY REALLY REALLY are in love. If a dumb thing like distance can break you up..then I don't think the relationship is worth it. I hope that you can work things out! and not have to break up.
Take Care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
I personally think long-distance relationships are a crock. There's a thing to be said for physical intimacy and a real-live shoulder to cry on. Every friend I've had (in their 20s now) who has had a long-distance relationship has always told me the same thing -- "I'd never do it again."

I mean, sure, there's success stories. But you're gonna have to put some real, live thought into it.

(PS: they thought they were REALLY REALLY REALLY in love too; they were planning marriage.)

Old 04-25-2003, 11:46 PM   #4
(female)

evangelgirl77 HB User
I am currently in a long distance relationship. It is going incredibly well, so I have lots of faith that they can work. Of course, we dated two years before we were apart (because of college). Since you have only been dating for six months, there may be less of a chance that it will work. I'd say go for it, but promise to be totally honest with each other if something isn't working out. Being apart is a good sign of a relationship's ability to last-- so think of it as a good test.

Old 04-25-2003, 11:47 PM   #5
(female)

evangelgirl77 HB User
I am currently in a long distance relationship. It is going incredibly well, so I have lots of faith that they can work. Of course, we dated two years before we were apart (because of college). Since you have only been dating for six months, there may be less of a chance that it will work. I'd say go for it, but promise to be totally honest with each other if something isn't working out. Being apart is a good sign of a relationship's ability to last-- so think of it as a good test.

Closed Thread