It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2003, 03:51 PM   #1

MexicanaPrincess HB User
Question Guys-- Girls who wear revealing clothes Turn ON or Turn OFF

I personally wear tight jeans and pretty tight shirts (basically clothes that show my body shape-curves) and sometimes my shirts are a little low-cut, where if I bend over you might be able to see something. ANd sometimes my shirts might be a little short. I do see guys looking, and I do like a few guys at my school so I can honestly say I don't mind when the guys I LIKE look at me. But I was just wondering are they thinking I'm some little **** or is it a turn on for them. I mean they get to see what they want to. Cause some girls dress like me, some don't. I've heard as long as what their seeing looks good its a turn-ON. But if it looks bad its a Turn- OFF. Is that true?

Old 04-27-2003, 06:31 PM   #2
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
First of all, why would you want a guy to be attracted to your body and not you? That kind of relationship just leads to failure! If I were you, to get the guy I like I wouldn't wear revealing clothing. Hang out with them or something, show them you are someone they can get along with, with your humor and intelligence, not someone that would be great to make-out with.

As a girl, I personally think that revealing clothing is a turn off. It kinda shows you just how much a person is into looks than personality, and it makes you look shallow. Plus, some guys would call you a ****, and girls too.. cause I've seen it happen. Just my opinion..

[This message has been edited by QweenyBluEyes (edited 04-27-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2003, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

gem2003 HB User
Personally I feel like there is a fine line between sexy and slutty. I have a good figure and also like to display it sometimes. You can dress sexy and still look classy, and I do not think there is anything wrong with showing a little cleavage or leg now and then, as long as your boobs are not falling out or your panties showing for example...I think guys like it when a girl makes the most of her femininity yet still looks like she has some class. And the girls (or guys) that put a girl down simply because she enjoys looking/feeling good about herself are , in my opinion, often insecure with themselves. If you've got it, flaunt it...confidence is sexy. Just don't go overboard!

Old 04-28-2003, 02:37 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
I personally like it when girls wear tighter clothes. Baggy clothes just don't seem to be the thing anymore. The girls at school who wear those kinds of clothes tend to be in the more "gothic" or "punk" groups, which isn't MY taste. Wear what you want to wear, who cares what others think.

Old 04-28-2003, 03:32 PM   #5
Inactive

siren24 HB User
I have a great motto that always seems to work, where I can look sexy and not slutty.
Here it is:
1. tight is good, unless you can see cracks (EWWW)
2. Show skin sparingly. Pick one thing to show off. Like, if you show a little cleavage, don't wear a mini skirt. Or show some belly without your boobs falling out. This has always worked for me. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2003, 11:01 PM   #6

canabaloni HB User
Cool

I think what's best is to wear stuff that gets guys going without being too obvious. In other words, if a guy is thinking "I can see her ****, I can see her ****", it's probably not subtle enough. I want to wear something that's fitted, so you can see my body move under it, but doesn't exactly reveal much. Like I go to church, and the pastor is uncomfortable, but doesn't know why...PERFECT!

Old 04-29-2003, 07:18 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Yeah there is a difference between slutty and sexy. Show off some skin, fine, but do one part at a time, eg-don't wear a short skirt and a low cut top. Generally though you should feel comfortable with what you wear and wear it because you want to wear it.

Old 05-03-2003, 01:48 PM   #8
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
You are what you advertise to others !

G

Old 05-04-2003, 04:14 PM   #9

rach923 HB User
we have a whole bunch of icky-dressing kids at our school, but my advise on how to dress differs by body build...for instance, i am very thin (although i do have a figure). i like wearning bum clothes sometimes so that the focus is on my face and hair (i love my hair, blonde and curly), instead of my body...however, every onces in a while i'll dress up just to look nice...however, i think that tighttight jeans look terrible on slimmer people...it makes us look emaciated. i do have a couple of pairs of skin tight stretch jeans with sparkles that i wear occasionally. however, i am probably a perfect size 5, (sometimes 3 depending on brand) but my flare jeans are almost always a size 7. this just adds a look of being comfortable and confident in your body without showing off unneccesarily (sp?) however, larger people tend to like form-fitting (read: tighter, not slutty!) clothes to appear as nice as possible...so, basically, whatever you decided to wear, the most effective way to dress is to maximize the pros in your body, and not show too much skin, and be comfortable in your clothes. people can tell when you feel awkward or uncomfortable!!! good luck

rach

ps- dressing just to attract guys for fun has NOTHING to do with letting them know you personally- you shouldn't dress like crap everyday just to insure you'll attract someone who will like you "on the inside"...everyone likes to dress nice once in a while just to see how many looks he/she can get...its called flirting!!!

August 1999: diagnosed with GERD and IBS...put on zantac, then aciphex
Spring 2000: diagnosed with TMJ...have lower splint
September 2000: hospitalized for failure to thrive due to malnutrition and dehydration; fed with ng tube for 3 months, put on prilosec
2001-02: developed chronic sinusitis/rhinitis from NG tube, put on nasonex and allegra
January 2002: switched GI's, diagnosed with hiatal hernia, switched to nexium, added peppermint oil, put on bentyl PRN for pain, zoloft for nausa
March 2003: IBS getting worse, switched PRN bentyl to BID levbid ER
May 2003: diagnosed with asthma from GERD, put on advair and singulair, albuterol PRN
May 2003: back pain and limited mobility, caused by 2002 car accident and dance injury, unidentified
April-June 2003: minor ear irritation and hearing problems, and extra sinus swelling, unidentified
May-June 2003: heartburn recurring even with meds!- GI put me on 40mg Pepcid Rx in the morning and at bedtime...Seems to be holding over till August...
July: chest x-ray came back, found mild thoracic scoliosis, and small "heart shadowing", EKG results are coming...

Closed Thread