It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2003, 09:08 AM   #1
Inactive

diva2003 HB User
Post Need advice for my little sister!

My little sister is 12 years old she always comes to me for advice. The other day she told me that this guy in her class always stares and smiles at her but doesn't really talk to her at all. She asked me if I think he likes her I told her yes because this has happen to me a few times but I don't know if I should have told her that cause I really wasn't sure. If a guy does do this (stare and smile) does it means he likes her or he's just looking?

Diva http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 04-30-2003, 01:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Hey,
Normally, if someone were just staring, no facial expressions, they could just be zoning out as so many of us do, but since it seems like he is making a conscious effort to look at her, and the smiling, I think it could mean that he likes her, but is too scared to say anything to her. I remember how it was at 12, things weren't as outgoing as they are at older ages.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #3

rach923 HB User
whoa- there is this guy in my english class that i totally like, and we both like each other and know it- and EVERYDAY we make conscious efforts to look at one another, and when i accidently didn't look at him during one class, he was concerned that i was mad (i was just sick)--but i say, yeah, if its anything other than a deadpan stare---definately likes her

rach

August 1999: diagnosed with GERD and IBS...put on zantac, then aciphex
Spring 2000: diagnosed with TMJ...have lower splint
September 2000: hospitalized for failure to thrive due to malnutrition and dehydration; fed with ng tube for 3 months, put on prilosec
2001-02: developed chronic sinusitis/rhinitis from NG tube, put on nasonex and allegra
January 2002: switched GI's, diagnosed with hiatal hernia, switched to nexium, added peppermint oil, put on bentyl PRN for pain, zoloft for nausa
March 2003: IBS getting worse, switched PRN bentyl to BID levbid ER
May 2003: diagnosed with asthma from GERD, put on advair and singulair, albuterol PRN
May 2003: back pain and limited mobility, caused by 2002 car accident and dance injury, unidentified
April-June 2003: minor ear irritation and hearing problems, and extra sinus swelling, unidentified
May-June 2003: heartburn recurring even with meds!- GI put me on 40mg Pepcid Rx in the morning and at bedtime...Seems to be holding over till August...
July: chest x-ray came back, found mild thoracic scoliosis, and small "heart shadowing", EKG results are coming...

Closed Thread