It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #1

SaxMan701 HB User
Post 1st date kiss

Well, the date hasn't been scheduled yet, but it will happen soon. Ok, it's not a normal first date, in that we've known each other for like 2 years, been friends for the past school year, I've liked her for the past about 6 months, and she's liked me for the past about 2 months. (Oh, and she's been my girlfriend for about a week.)
We'll probably end up going to a movie or something, and the question is, since it's a first date, should we kiss? If so, it should probably be a goodnight one, right?

Old 04-18-2003, 11:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bloodytears HB Userbloodytears HB User
Sax,
I honestly think you should just take it as it goes.. If it seems like the right thing to do is to kiss her, then do it, but if she is sending you signals that it would be too weird if you did, or that she doesnt want you to, then dont.. in any case, i advise you not to jeapordize ur friendship, and always have that to fall back on.. because that is something you wouldnt want to lose over a kiss..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2003, 10:47 AM   #3

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
It was a kiss that made an awesome friendship move on to an even better relationship. I was best friends with him for 3 years before I realized I had feelings for him. After I kissed him, I knew he was the ONE.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:35 PM   #4

flippincrazy14 HB User
GoodnightElisabeth ~ how do u kno that theyre the ONE? jw...cuz this guy told me he loves me...and sometimes i just dk what i feel for him. and ive thought b4 i wish we could just kiss so id kno. but im not the type that kisses guys if were not dating...but i havent had a boyfriend for a long time....sry this is off the topic! but yea i think u should give her a goonight kiss...short and sweet!

Old 04-23-2003, 02:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Just let it happen. Relax, make sure your breath is okay, and lean in. Don't close your eyes till the last second if its a first kiss otherwise you might clunk heads.

With my current bf, I was sort of in the same sutuation as you, I had been mates with him for about a year, and we were positive having a relationship was going to screw our friendship up really bad so were really wary about it. But it didn't, and we're still together 16 months later.

Hope that helped-good luck and tell us how it goes!

Flippincrazy14-if he's the one, you'lkl know he's the one,

Old 04-24-2003, 07:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
"should"? You can't say should or should not before the date. Does it feel right? Then do it!

Old 04-26-2003, 12:00 AM   #7
(female)

evangelgirl77 HB User
How creepy... my boyfriend and I started off the EXACT same way! we did kiss on our first date... it was awkward and way too fast. When you feel the time is right to move in for the kill, try brushing her hair away from her face. If she smiles and blushes, go for it. If she looks extremely nervous and like she doesn't want to, then smile and wait till later. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2003, 10:48 PM   #8

canabaloni HB User
Wink

I say:
Plan on NOT kissing her. If you think you have to "make your move" sometime, you'll screw it up, BUT keep an eye out for what I call the "exquisite moment". Usually it happens when you are talking, and really into each other and the conversation, and then there is this pause....and your mouths are, like, an INCH apart. You know it's the "exquisite moment" because it would be MORE awkward to continue to talk than it would be to kiss her...then , at that "exquisite moment", kiss her. By all means, though, if you BLOW it, and do not kiss her AT THAT MOMENT, think of that door as closed, game over, you LOSE.
In Summary:
1. Expect NOT to kiss
but
2. recognize the "exquisite moment"
oh, and additionally
3. not in front of her "parents"

[This message has been edited by canabaloni (edited 04-29-2003).]

[This message has been edited by canabaloni (edited 04-29-2003).]

Old 04-30-2003, 04:17 AM   #9

isis6 HB User
Wink

You've know this girl for quite a while now and you both seem to like each other else you wouldn't be going on a date. At the moment, I have a terrific boyfriend. We will have known each other for two years this coming June and we have been dating since January this year. I know that I wanted to share a kiss on the first date, but I know quite a few girls out there dream of that first date for a while and a kiss comes as part of that dream. Kissing on a first date doesn't have to be passionate with tongues and everything, it can be a gentle kiss on the lips or if you don't feel brave enough, you can give her a little peck on the cheek. I think this shows that you had a good evening and that you want things to carry on and you want to be more than friends. Happy Kissing!!!!

[This message has been edited by isis6 (edited 04-30-2003).]

Old 05-04-2003, 05:25 PM   #10

rach923 HB User
i'm definately with the others- only kiss her if the time is right, but whatever you do, dont move TO slow...my last bf waited almost 3 weeks to HOLD MY HAND- but that night he kissed me...i was like, FINALLY! its not fun to pine for several weeks at a time...go with your gut and have fun!!

rach

August 1999: diagnosed with GERD and IBS...put on zantac, then aciphex
Spring 2000: diagnosed with TMJ...have lower splint
September 2000: hospitalized for failure to thrive due to malnutrition and dehydration; fed with ng tube for 3 months, put on prilosec
2001-02: developed chronic sinusitis/rhinitis from NG tube, put on nasonex and allegra
January 2002: switched GI's, diagnosed with hiatal hernia, switched to nexium, added peppermint oil, put on bentyl PRN for pain, zoloft for nausa
March 2003: IBS getting worse, switched PRN bentyl to BID levbid ER
May 2003: diagnosed with asthma from GERD, put on advair and singulair, albuterol PRN
May 2003: back pain and limited mobility, caused by 2002 car accident and dance injury, unidentified
April-June 2003: minor ear irritation and hearing problems, and extra sinus swelling, unidentified
May-June 2003: heartburn recurring even with meds!- GI put me on 40mg Pepcid Rx in the morning and at bedtime...Seems to be holding over till August...
July: chest x-ray came back, found mild thoracic scoliosis, and small "heart shadowing", EKG results are coming...

Closed Thread