It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2003, 08:26 PM   #1

Xanthic411 HB User
Question Am i depressed?

Hey...
i was just wondering if im depressed.. Well first of all, i am totally upsessed with this guy, and i keep feeling like he likes me, and then he doesnt at all, but i sware i am in love, i cannot think about anything else except him 24 hours a day... But i havea terrible relationship with my parents right now, and i always get annoyed listening to their voices. And i want to cry all the time. i have crohn's disease and it is coming back, and my stomach always hurts. And i am taoly doubting God right now which is not good. And i totally do NOT have ANYONE to talk to, and my parents wont send me to therapy, becuase it costs too much,,, I dont know what to do, please help!!!

Old 05-05-2003, 12:34 AM   #2

Mistyrose HB User
Lightbulb

Yes you do sound like you have some problems. I would like to get some more info from you: How old are you? How long has this been going on? Have you spoken to someone from your school, or you family DR? Also therapy does cost that much, many insurance companies cover it, and if you don't have insurance and you family is in the certain income brackets you can get either free, or very low cost therapy. Please don't let this slide, and I hope to hear back from you. If you want to chat I will be more than happy to chat with you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2003, 10:31 AM   #3

Xanthic411 HB User
Hey...

Well I am (deleted), and this has been going on for about... well I have liked the guy for about 7 months, and i have had the sickness since November, but The rest of the stuff has just set in for about a month or 2, I don't really know what brought it on, but i want o be happy! Yea.... I mean i think my insurance would cover therapy, but I think my parents would want me to go to Christian counselor. Which i am ok with, but see every time i try to talk to them about going to one, they just kindof blow it off, and I guess they don't think I am serious. Thank you SO much for wanted to talk to me...

**Please do not post a young age. It is not safe.**

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 05-07-2003).]

Old 05-05-2003, 05:53 PM   #4
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Can you think back to a time when you were happy and wouldn't change a thing? I bet you can. Life is just an endless rollercoaster of ups and downs. I know exactly what your going through. I just broke up with my bf a week ago and my parents and I don't get along well either. I think it's just typical of the teenage years. You may be clinically depressed, but only a doctor can determine that. You need to speak to someone. Maybe a good friend, school counselor, teacher or call a teen helpline. I don't know you so I can't really tell you who you should talk to but these are just some ideas. I think a school counselor would be a good idea because it's completely free and will probably help you a lot. Finally, try writing in a journal. This may help you sort and understand your emotions better. Take care..

Old 05-05-2003, 09:11 PM   #5

Xanthic411 HB User
Hey... I have written in a journal dayly for about 2 years, so I mean it doesnt seem to be hepling all that much. Although I do like getting things out. But anyway, (deleted) But I was also going to let you all know that the thing is that I go to a small school, so we don't have a counselor. But I am going to really try and do something about all this.
Thanks

Old 05-06-2003, 10:51 AM   #6

TLWDancer HB User
Hey. Xanthic. I'm here to talk to anytime you need someoen to talk to also. My AIM is (deleted) just IM me anytime you need to talk. I go into those depressed feelings a lot also. I have a friend who is going through somethign that sounds a lot like what you are. Anyhow. I'm here for you if you need to talk

------------------
True Love Waits... And if it's really love, they will wait for you.

Closed Thread