It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #1

TLWDancer HB User
Angry I feel Like Dear Abby sometimes :(

All my friends come to me with their problems. I actually have one that comes to me with anything that is bothering me with her life. Which means I talk to her constantly. She has me sort out her showing difficulties (we ride horses and show) her diet plan, her guy problems, she even comes to me with her sex life, her family problems, her school problems, her body issues. I hear all about it, and she always wants a solution. Which I usually have one. My other friend has bf issues and parent issues and comes to me with them, and then I meet people online and they seem to seek advice from me. But, I have no one to share what I am feeling with. I actually dont feel comfortable telling my two close friends because I feel like I can't support them if I am leaning on them for support. I know it sounds stupid, but I get so confused and I think so much trying to sort it out that I worry myself too much about it. It drives me insane. How to I explain to them that I can't take on their problems and my own, how do I wean them from me making decisions for them? please help.

------------------
True Love Waits... And if it's really love, they will wait for you.

Old 05-08-2003, 01:41 PM   #2
Veteran

UF baby HB User
I know how you feel. You just need to tell her nicely that sometimes she has to handle things on her own because you have problems too. I don't see any other option besides talking to her about your feelings. Maybe once she cuts back on that you'll be able to talk to her about your problems. Hope this helps...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2003, 02:03 PM   #3

AnythingButOrdinary HB User
dude tell her you have your own problems, i agree. also, talk to your counsler? they're there to help, right? i understand how you said you feel like you ant tell your best friends because they lean on you for help. i cant do that either with people who ask me for help all the time. honestly, you sound like a pretty great person to me. but yeah i would try talking to a counsler everyone has their problems and its not up to you to solve them..you got your own. btw-how old are you? im 16 email me at pistonsfanatic32@yahoo.com
we can talk more..later

Closed Thread