It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2003, 06:17 AM   #1

alpand HB User
Unhappy please help me im_robyn or ne1 bout belly peircings

i need help, i went to a peircer today and they told me that i could not get my belly peirced because i did not have the fold of skin at the top of my belly button, is there any way around this, or if not, can you tell me a quick way to be able to get that fold of skin.
thanks heaps

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2003, 07:02 AM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
You can not force yourself to grow skin. If you are missing the needed skin than I would say you are out of luck and need to accept this answer. Not everyone has their belly button pierced. You will make it through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2003, 07:05 AM   #3

alpand HB User
Unhappy

thnakyou for telling me that i will make it thru this. itll b hard for me tho, as i have tryed clawing at the skin pinching the skin, even punching myself whne i couldnt do it. i have been crying all day and am so depressed. i really hope that i do make it thru

Old 05-17-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
It is only a belly ring. It's not like you won't be able to go on a vacation with your friends now. You can't get that skin, so you are just out of luck...

Old 05-17-2003, 05:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Hey, don't stress, so you can't have a piercing-so what? Everyone has them done anyway, they're really common.

Old 05-18-2003, 12:12 AM   #6
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
The piercer you went it is an idiot. It makes it easier to pierce if you do have that 'lip' over your belly button but if not you can still get it pierced, it just makes it little more dfficult. Your piercer is probably not confident enough in his/her work. Go some where else.
Robyn

Old 05-19-2003, 03:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Robyn,that may nto be true. There are some people who cant have a piercing there.
I use to hang out in a tattoo shop that had a great piercer. She was awesome and would work with people to figure out if they could be pierced or not. But there are some belly buttons that cant be done no matter how one tries. I got lucky one time while hanging out and got to see someone come in who wanted it done and couldnt because there wasnt anything to work with. The piercer felt bad about telling them they could get it done. Well low and behold the person didnt believe her and left mad. A few hours later the person came back with a friend and the poor woman was soaked in blood. I had already left for the day so I didnt get to see this part. The woman hadnt listened and went to another place to have it done. The hack who did it had pierced to deep in trying to get enough skin to pierce. They had to call 911 because this woman had no common sense to go to the hospital herself. She came back about a week later and I was there again. She said she was sorry for not listening to her about not being able to have it done.
So there are people in which it just cant be done...granted few and far between but it happens.
Take me for example I am allegric to Bacitracin,which use to be used by tattoo artist to help in the healing and such. Thankfully now there is stuff like Tattoo Goo. Also in Neosprin and so on. It is rare for someone to actually be allergic to it. I even had one doctor say he had never heard of someone being allergic and asked me what I did when I got cuts and scrapes. I told him I sure as hell dont use anything that has bacitracin in it.
I do agree go to another place to see what they have to say but be careful because the first place could be right and you are just one of those people that cant have it done.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 05-20-2003, 01:48 AM   #8
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
Blastoff9600 I totally agree with you that some people just cant get thier navels pierced but I only turned people down if they had an 'outy' if there wasnt a lip over the navel I would just put them in a reclining position and that made the piercing deep enough so that it may not grow out but not too deep to cause any damage. I have never ever had a problem with any of my clients. Honestly if you really know what you are doing you can pierce almost anything without a problem. I am in no way trying sound like a great piercer or anything I have had to tell people that I didnt know how to do some piercings I am just saying that if you're cautious and compitent you can safely pierce.
Oh thank you for mentioning that you are allergic to Bacitracin that what I use to lubricate the needle. Now I know to ask I have never heard of an allergy to it.
Robyn

Old 05-20-2003, 11:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Well like I said it tends to be rare. Mine thankfully isnt a bad as it could be.
I didnt mean tooffend you just throwing in my two cents on what I have seen.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 05-23-2003, 09:03 PM   #10

alpand HB User
Talking

hey guys! its me again.
well i have some good news. i have been speaking to friends, qnd i found out that my friend had the same prob(she went to the same place as me), so she went to another peircing place, and they did it. it hasnt rejected or moved. so i wam gonna go tomorow with 2 friends and hopefully get it done!
i will come back and give details, and tell you guys what happens! thaks all of you for your help!!!
luv u guys!!!!!1

Old 05-24-2003, 02:32 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Most of the time the piercer is covering their butt.

I personally wouldn't want to take the risk of hurting somebody seriously in doing a procedure that's meant to be cosmetic. I wouldn't call the person an idiot -- in as lawyer-filled a place as the USA, I would call the piercer EXTREMELY SMART.

Closed Thread