It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Post Part Time work

A rather unfortunate car accident happened to me, it was my fault, so it will cost a fortune for me (at the age I am) to pay for it, so I was wondering what kind of jobs you have/have had part time during your high school years? Thanks!

Old 05-23-2003, 06:06 PM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
reteraunt work,
newspaper route,
work in tobacco fields,
babysitting, and
tutoring

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #3
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Back when I was young and a teen I had a part time job at a kennel/vet. I had always knew I wanted to be in the field. ALso it gave me the experience I needed in the future.
It's up to you what you choose, just make sure you can tolerate it adn you don't absolutely hate the job.
The summer is coming up, and usually it's a good opportunity to do some yard work- mow lawns etc. just around your neighborhood .
Also you could be a dishwasher, you could babysit for those who have to work during the day, or anything available in the ads as something someone your age can do.
Just be creative and ask around(babysitting, yard work etc), and also check the classifieds to see if anyone is specifically looking for teens or low level work you don't need experience for.

Old 05-24-2003, 07:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ashlee HB User
Smile

Hi, Toaskornottoask

So sorry to hear about the car accident!

I know some of these jobs may not sound all that fun but hey, you get paid for doing them. And here anyway, most people I went to College (aka High School) with had jobs such as these.

- Supermarket work (probably most common as there are so many!

- Dairy / Fish & Chip shop (yuck )

- Chemist/pharmacy work

- Waitressing or cafe work

- Working in a pizza place

- Babysitting although you probably won't get as many hours as you would in one of the above jobs

Most of these jobs (possibly excluding waitressing/cafe employment) would not require previous work in that field. They are easy jobs to get and many people still studying have jobs such as those.

And like Dana said, check the situations vacant section in the local paper for jobs... although I HAVE found personally that most that are advertised in there do require more qualifications than most would have while still a student.

Here where I live there are ENDLESS jobs available for vineyard work/berry picking etc... I did it once when I was about 13 and yes, the pay absolutely SUCKED and well... so did the work... but sometimes you have to live with that!

Good luck!
Ashlee

Old 05-24-2003, 08:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Try working round home, or doing chores. You could aslo babysit, dog walk, mow lawns, work at a supermarket etc. Just go for it.

Closed Thread