It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2003, 06:51 PM   #1

boardname HB User
Post Things un-related to drugs

I quit pot about 4 months ago, but everyone still seems to think that I'm addicted. I sit sometimes and think about that period in my life and wonder why I did that, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to start up again... Anyone have any suggestions of things to do to ensure that I don't even think about that sort of thing, aside from physical activity?

Old 05-23-2003, 11:28 PM   #2
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Keep your mind occupied and busy. When you're bored your m ind tends to slip into areas it shouldn't, for the most part. An idle mind is a dangerous thing(of course it can be the opposite also).
Also, surround yourself with people who are drug free, or at least be strong enough to know that you won't be influenced to do it again.
Set goals, set dreams, keep your mind busy.
Good luck, and congrats on cleaning up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2003, 03:55 PM   #3
Inactive

Karla HB User
Hi I remember very well what it was like at your age to quit drugs. Everyone kept comming up to me and saying things like "you used to do them. Whats wrong, can't you handle them anymore?" or "Are you to good for us?" It can be very hard I know. First you need to resolve in your mind that you are not going to do drugs anymore. Then find a support group and new friends that will be supportive of your new lifestyle choices. It will make it a lot easier. Otherwise your old friends and aquantinces will just drag you back down. There are 12 step groups you can join for moral support in your decision to quit. It can also be a great place to make new friends to hang with. I know it sounds like a big ordeal and it isn't easy. Easy dose it. You will need to take things one day at a time and slowely rebuild your life around not using. Good luck. You may want to check out the addictions board here on healthboards. They may have some great words of encouregment to offer you as well. P.S. I am not insinuating that you are/were addicted to pot. Even if you were not addicted I still feel that what I say can work for you if you let it.

Old 05-24-2003, 08:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Try a support group, new class, sport, hobby-just anything you want to do, enjoy doing, or think you'll enjoy doing. And set these people straight too, tell them you made a mistake and now your clean.

Old 05-25-2003, 09:53 AM   #5
(male)

Curtdude HB User
DUDE CONGRATS ON STOPING !!!!!
dude you need to be strong and channel your energy on somthing else. Unfortuneatlly you will allways be a addict to a certain point in everyones mind Just like alcohol people will keep an eye on you or treat you with Kid gloves. Really dude If your serious check out your local community center or self help group church or contact the local AA chapter in your area they may be able to get you a number for a support group. Dude be healthy and stay off of that stuff go surf or basket ball baseball etc channel your energy elsewhere!

Good luck
PEACE to yoU

Curt Dude

Old 05-25-2003, 11:59 AM   #6
(male)

stevoNYC HB User
Hey I just recently quit everything. I was tired of being known as "burnout" by all the kids in my school. I gave up everthing and now I do weight ifting on a strict routine, my body has grown bigger and looks great, and i've never felt better, even though I do think about starting again I just think about how long i've come. And it feels good when in school when kids call me a burnout and I can honestly say "No, I gave that up", you just have to find something that makes you feel good... working out, playing music, art, writing, aything.

Closed Thread