It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2003, 04:36 PM   #1

Stevo8421 HB User
Red face I'm really shy

My girlfriend split up with me nearly a year ago, and i haven't had one since. Im very shy and i find it very hard to talk to girls I dont know. The only way I can talk to them is if I have a drink, but I dont want to rely on this in case I make a fool of myself. A lot of my friends including my older brother say I could get any girl I want(which i dont believe at all). I'm currently taking pills and medication to get rid of spots which is working (I only have 2 or 3 now)yehaa. Could anyone please give me advice on how to overcome my fear of girls lol(Preferably without turning gay). :-)

------------------
Honestly i'm a nice guy.

Old 05-25-2003, 08:11 PM   #2

blondy15 HB User
Well i am a girl and i dont like making the first move! I like it when guys just start making covosations or tell me a little ABOUT them selfs! and chances are if you ask a girl out and they say no it really isent a big deal unless you are like god offal ugluy wich u seem like you are veary cute! just go for it!! trust me!
P.S and make sure you smile at them girls like that!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2003, 10:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Yea man, a lot of girls may feel something for you, but don't want to make the first move. Now I know it is hard to start a conversation unless you're "drunk" or just in a great mood, I have that problem too sometimes, but if you can find anything in common, that is a good thing, or maybe you and a friend and do things with her and a friend if she wants, you just need something to break the ice.

Old 05-26-2003, 11:42 AM   #4

Stevo8421 HB User
Thumbs up

Thanks very much for the replys. :-)

Old 05-26-2003, 06:29 PM   #5

Brujeria HB User
i know how u feel...........i broke up with my g/f like 3-4 months ago...and its really hard to talk to girls....but u just can't be shy.....i get shy too....but last Saturday...i went to a party...and some girl just kept looking at me and looking at me, she was soooooo cute, just something about her...i was thinking in my head "GO AND TALK TO HER, STUPID!!!".....well after 5 or 6 beers and i was buzzed...and for some reason i wasn't so shy......like the beer broke that wall of shyness(that sounds stupid, but it worked)...i started to talk to her....she was really getting into me, i didn't get her #...i like it when girls ask if THEY want to give me their #, i don't like asking...but yeah, i was surpised...SHOCKED!....but don't go out and get drunk to talk to women., u know what i'm saying?

Old 05-27-2003, 02:07 PM   #6

Stevo8421 HB User
yeah thanks. Another thing, is it wise to go up to a girl if shes with a group of friends or will you just get laughed at.

------------------
Honestly i'm a nice guy.

Old 05-28-2003, 05:27 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
hi im 15 year old lad and im very shy and i never used to talk to girls but all my mates did and they got off with all the good lookin chicks but i was too scared and too shy incase they rejected me but i started to talk to one girl at skool and we got closer and closer till we started to go out with each other and thats when my shyness went

from paul

Closed Thread