It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 10:41 PM   #1

TifaStrife16 HB User
Post I need help 'getting over it'

Okay, so first off I'm going to say that I have low self-esteem. I realize this, and I know it's my problem. I just need to find out how I can get over this incident.

Now to the problem. Back in january, my boyfriend made an idle comment about my friend being sexy and being a turn on or something of the sort. I know it really shouldn't affect me this much, but it really affects me and makes me jealous of this friend. He's said he was sorry and knew it was a dumb thing to say, but it affected my self esteem and hindered my friendship with my friend. It's been months, now, and I still love him and I forgive him, but it still bothers me by way of self-esteem. I don't know how to get over it and think that *I* myself am attractive again. I really have a problem....how can I get over this??

Old 05-30-2003, 04:13 AM   #2

blondy15 HB User
Exclamation

i am sure he dident mean it that way! have u ever looked at guys and think there hot?? i am sure u have but u no that even tho there hot u still love your guy... so that is the same way he feels....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Tifa,
Think about it this way: you obviously have something that your friend doesn't have...otherwise he would be going out with her, not you. He is your boyfriend and that says a lot about how he feels about you. I am sure he didn't mean that comment to affect how you feel, he just happened to say it. If he acted on it, he'd be with her...and he isn't. Lots of guys, and girls too, can find other people attractive while still being with someone else, everyone does it and they know it, but there is obviously something they like even more about you, so don't worry about what he said.

Old 05-31-2003, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
It's nice that he told you your friend is good-looking and sexy! Would you rather he told you your best friend was an ugly dog? I'm pretty sure you would have been offended, had she.

How would you feel if one of your friends' dates idly mentioned how hot you are? I think you'd feel pretty DAMN GOOD.

It's possible to admire the art but not buy the painting, darling.

Old 06-01-2003, 07:06 AM   #5

TifaStrife16 HB User
Yes wrin, you have a great point and I totally should feel that way. But it's hard to because I've always been jealous of her cause she's a better painting :-D

Old 06-02-2003, 08:04 AM   #6
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Hey Tifa, I know how you feel. My boyfriend's done that before. Actually, he said he'd have sex with one of my best friends (when I asked him). Well a couple weeks later it was still really ******* me off so I confronted him about it. He said he only said that to make me jealous and because he was mad at me. So, think about it. If you tell your boyfriend his friend is hot, it makes him jealous and to want to make someone jealous, IMO, is human nature. Maybe it sounds stupid, I'm sure it does. But think about it. Anyway, I think you need to talk to him. Nobody on here is going to give you half as good an answer as he can. Just tell him it's still bothering you and ask him why he said it.

Hope I helped! Start feeling better!

Closed Thread