It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2003, 01:19 AM   #1

Undecided_one HB User
Exclamation ANYONE PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...........Im in grade <deleted> and i have this huge problem being able to open up and have a personal conversation to anyone in my family. My 3 older sisters are fairly close with each other and with my mom, they can tell each other anything, and they have told me many times that if i ever need to talk just ask. But i am sooo afraid that they will think i am stupid, or that im just overreacting or something. I am getting at the age when im having trouble with boys and puberty, and i really want to be able to talk to my family. Can you give some tips on approaching them better? PLEASE i need your help, even if you dont know a solution, it would be really really nice to hear some encouraging words. thanx for listening.

------------------
jUsT wAiT....iLL bLoW aLL yOuR mInDs AwAy

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 05-26-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 02:38 PM   #2
Inactive

ilaugh@myself.why HB User
you just have to trust them and say it.. no thinking about it and no worrying what they'll say.. they'll help, don't worry.. just say what's on your mind and don't be afraid to ask for their help..

you should be able to tell if it's something too major to bring up with them right away or not..

just relax, they're your family.. you don't have to fit in you just have to love them and trust them..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 04:13 PM   #3

blondy15 HB User
Talking

Just ask them there your sisters! and they wount think your weird dont worrie!

Old 05-26-2003, 04:45 PM   #4

workaholic HB User
You are so lucky that you have them to turn to. There are so many teenagers that don't have siblings or the parents are too old fashioned to speak to their kids about these things. Everything you're going thru is normal and they'll give you some great advice!

Old 05-27-2003, 01:56 PM   #5

AnythingButOrdinary HB User
Wink

Dude!! I know its really hard talking to them..im 16 and I just dont talk to my sis about much..sometimes, sometimes not. Not because Im shy, embarrassed or afraid to feel stupid, I dont know what it is..
but this isnt about me, I know what you must be going through has got to be hard..talking is hard, just bringing it up like everyone else says..I say your going through something they've all gone through..pick one of your sisters..telling them all isnt a must..the best and most easiest way to talk to them(or one of them)..write a letter and express your feelings that way..its the easiest thing and Im sure she or they would appreciate you wanting to confide in her or them
hope i helped, take care n' dont feel stupid!!

Old 05-29-2003, 10:25 AM   #6
(female)

blackmoon HB User
Talking

Hey,
I think you should take full advantage of this situation. I'm 17 and have a 22 year old sister and a mom. Neither of them ever want to talk to me about anything. I had to find everything out from my friends. If you think somethings embarrasing but want to ask them..just take a deep breath and go, I promise it won't be as bad as it seems in your head.

Old 05-29-2003, 04:33 PM   #7

Undecided_one HB User
Smile

Thanx for replying, im still trying to get up the nerve to talk to at least one of them, but i think one day i will be able to. hopefully.thanx again

Old 06-04-2003, 04:29 AM   #8

topgun_nz40 HB User
Don't worry about what they'll say or think. They're your family. I'm sure they'll understand with what ever you want to ask them or tell them. You said your sisters said that you can ask them about anything. That shows that they care about you and would be more than happy to help. Don't be embarrased. I'm sure they've been thought the exact same thing with what ever you're asking about. Your family will always be there for you.

Hope it all goes well

Old 06-04-2003, 12:31 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Yea, you just need to get up the courage one day and have trust in them. They have been through the same thing and I am sure they wanted, or had, someone to talk to about it. They are your family and should understand and just help you with it, it happens to everyone, so no use in not asking.

Closed Thread