It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
Post Constant mixed emotions.... why??

I've had about 3 boyfriends in the past year. One whom I am currently with. The first one, I broke up with him in about a month. He just was not my type. The second one.. wasn't my type either. Now the guy I am dating now, we have a ton in common, so much alike, but he is 20 and I am 16. He'll be 21 this year and I will be 17. I really like him, but I feel very iscolated from him, and he keeps getting the feeling like I'm scared of him or something. I guess you can say I kinda am, because I don't want anything sexually with him. I just can't, because I have high morals, and even if I want to, it wouldn't work because my guilt would effect me. We have been going out for a week now (Not long at all I know), but it feels like longer. We have done something almost everyday of this week, but I have not yet kissed him. I don't know why, but I just can't get myself to do it. I asked him on the first date if we can kiss some other time, since I don't usually kiss on the first date. And he said that was fine, and whenever I am ready. Well, I still feel like I'm not ready (I know, for a silly little kiss! I've done it before, comon!), and I'm concerned he's getting impatient. I almost feel like I don't want a relationship at all, but at the same time, I do! He's done everything right, and has even done some things for/with me that I always pictured myself doing with someone I love. But, I don't really understand why I am feeling this way...

Please help,
Qweeny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2003, 03:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
In some states, he could be arrested for statutory rape should you decide to have sex. So, indeed, the age factor is real here - at least until you turn 18.

Seems to me that while you are fasinated with him, you realize he is too old for you right now, which is why you don't have any special feelings. I think your heart is trying to tell your mind to stop seeing him.

Closed Thread