It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 04:04 AM   #1

Kylie1 HB User
Exclamation I cant believe he's dead

My friend called me up and we chatted for an hour and then this happened

friend: "Hey you know (not saying his name)?"
me: "yeah"
friend: "oh well he's dead"

Oh my god I felt like being sick. I never really knew him, I saw him around though because he was in my year. He was like a friend of a friend. He died in a car accident (he was speeding). I mean I'm not hugely upset or anything because I never really knew him but I'm a little freaked out you know. We all have to die some day but you never think it will happen when your are in your teens. I always imagined that I would live a pretty full life but now I'm just not sure, I could die tommorrow. I feel scared because it really hit me that no matter how much I plan out my future, nothing is in my control.

I just needed to tell someone how I feel so thanks for reading.

Old 06-04-2003, 10:11 AM   #2
Veteran

UF baby HB User
I'm sorry to hear what happened. Death is a pretty scary and confusing concept, huh? Yes, you could die tomarrow. That's why you should live without regrets and be as happy as you can be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 11:21 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
I'm sorry you had to hear about that. Like what was said, death is a pretty scary concept, but you can't spend your whole life worrying about when or how you will die, you will drive yourself nuts and never live to your fullest. It is kind of a weird thought knowing that someday we won't be here with those we love and things we love, but neither will those people one day, you can't let that distract you from living your life to it's fullest. Just go out and have fun, you're a teenager, enjoy it while it lasts, don't worry about when you might die, but do be careful when you're out having fun. Don't run stop signs etc...

Old 06-05-2003, 12:27 PM   #4

Foxxy Cleopatra HB User
i do totally know what your going through.my male mate just died,and its his 15th birthday tomorrow.i know how heartbreaking it is to hear that somone u know,or close to you has passed away,but all i can say is be strong and remember that you will see them again one day. xxxx

Old 06-05-2003, 01:45 PM   #5

kweli HB User
I've seen death my whole life..not counting but probably somewhere round 10 funerals..used to live in Columbus ohio but now moved to Cleveland where little did I know we moved in to a gang ran n'hood..just yester couple days ago a man was tied up and shot in the parking lot enxt to my condos...my cousin when iwas 6 was killed by a stray bullet in a shootout....i deeply regret what happened to you and how you must feel..btu im sure itll only make you more mature.

Old 06-07-2003, 07:14 AM   #6
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
my friends got shot dead, hang in there

------------------
*¤«´¨`·¸.¤*ººKa§hyºº*¤.¸·´¨`»¤*

Old 06-09-2003, 05:10 PM   #7
(female)

KaNGaMaLoo HB User
Almost exactly the same thing happened to me about a year ago.

This boy I knew (but not really well enough to call him a personal friend) died from heroin. His mother found him in his bedroom, his legs on the bed and his head on the floor

Other friends of friends have hanged themselves or died from ecstasy (sp?) overdose.

It's terribly sad losing anyone - even if you barely knew them.

Vicky xxx

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving definitely isn't for you...

Old 06-09-2003, 10:36 PM   #8

navylover HB User
My best friend and her boyfriend recently got into a wreck. We were all pretty close. One night, we were all up in town at the pool hall and they decided to leave because her dad and brother were taking her fishing the following sunday. they were speeding down a deserted road going to the boat landing to see how high the water was. There are 3 curves on the road and it's like a BIG "S". The last curve, he lost control of the car and ran into a tree. The car hugged the tree and he was killed on impact. She was thrown from the car and suffered a broken jaw, her left elbow, her leg was cut from right above her knee down to her ankle. she had cuts and scrapes all over her face. They took her into surgery to close all her wounds and remove all the dirt and glass from her leg. She went into shock after being ejected and walked around all night. They found him around 12:00 and her around 10-11 the next morning. She was walking around all night in the woods talking to herself and never felt the pain from her leg. We were all worried about her. She's now doing much better and they finally told her about Oak a few days later. Her brain was bruised from the collision i guess to the ground. They told her that she could possibly have seizures later on in life from it. Her mouth is wired shut for 4-6 weeks. She should be getting the wire out in about 2 more weeks. Her hair was down to the middle of her back but it was ripped out a little from the incident and she had to have it cut up to her shoulders. She is on the color guard of our marching band. We are, like i said, one big group. At our school, we have a gazebo outside the ROTC room and band room and we all used to meet up there after 2nd block so they could exchange letters and hug and kiss one another. The following monday when we returned to school, it was very hard to deal with. We have learned to cope with it better now. Everytime we meet up at parties, we drink one for oak. Oak had a thing about always wanting to pull pranks on Col. Breedlove (ROTC LEADER). He planned a big prank for 03 graduation night. It was to put hay bells in his driveway so he couldnt get in or out along with tying a goat on one of the bells. (the goat was another prank a year or two ago. he tied the goat to his mailbox). The seniors in our group and a few juniors pulled the prank off for oak this year on graduation night. Amanda is doing better now and she is possibly going to be with us this summer at band camp and the school year. We love her a lot and are always there for her when she needs someone to talk to.
Needless to say, I know what you are going through and possibly more because we were all so close. Good luck and let us know how it goes
ashley

Old 06-10-2003, 05:40 AM   #9

musicluver HB User
hey,i'm sooo sorry to hear about that,even if you didn't really know the guy very much,recently,a little girl who was in 2nd grade(8 years old) at the grade school was recently killed by her father,she was visiting him for the weekend and he raped her then strangled her to death,and then he hung himself,everyone was heartbroken,the funeral was at the end of the day,but i wasn't able to go because i had graduation rehearsal,but we all still have her in our memories.

Closed Thread