It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-10-2003, 07:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 783
Andrew29 HB User
Angry University Stress!!

I'm just finishing up my last year of high school, and plannin on goin into univeristy my next year. However, I have a problem which has been stressing me out trying to figure out what to do. The university that I wanted to go to (to study Bachelor of Commerce program) did not offer me acceptance into that program. However, they offered me a Bachelor of Arts program. Now, I have 2 options, but dont know which to do:

1)Don't go to school univeristy for the 2003-2004 year. Take night school to boost my math mark, and reapply for 2004-2005. More than likely get accepted.

2)Take the Bachelor of Arts Program and apply for a transfer to Bachelor of Commerce program after first year. However, in able to transfer, I'll need close to an 80% average in first year. And I highly doubt I can get that.

Anyone have any opinions?? Option #2 is riskier, but will pay off cause I won't waste an entire year. However, If i don't get the transfer...there could be big problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 06-10-2003, 09:04 PM   #2
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 303
lilrayofhope HB User

Congrats on graduating! As far as your problem goes I think you're the only one that can make the descision. I think option 2 will cause you a lot of stress having to always worry about having an 80 average. If I were you, I would just wait a year and have a break to re-copperate. Maybe you could get a good paying job and earn some extra money for when you do go. There's nothing wrong with waiting a year before going to college. Or...what about just taking the first semester off? Like going in half way through? Could that work?? I good thing to do would be to see what the pros and cons are of each choice, maybe if you get it on paper it'll help to make a clearer choice. (I know it's kinda nerdy, but could help!) Good luck.

[This message has been edited by lilrayofhope (edited 06-11-2003).]

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 06-11-2003).]
Scales are for fish.

Old 06-11-2003, 09:16 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,183
Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

If you don't think you can get the transfer of option 2, then doing option 1 sounds logical. Study hard so you can make the best case for acceptance, though. It is easy to get distracted with social events, but realize that your entire future is at stake, so put studies before parties.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 AM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2015 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!