It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #1

fireball15 HB User
Post And the winner is?

OKay, So I've gotten it narrowed down a lot further. I had it out with my mom and told her that I just can't stay near her, I told her it was nothing personal but the area wouldn't allow me to grow and reach my full potential. As for my boyfriend, I told him that I planned to go away for school. After spending 2 hours crying and begging and threatning me to get me to change my mind, we decided that a break up was inevitable. I found out from his best friend that he went and slit his wrists. He's okay, but I feel like its all my fault. I knew that he would do something stupid and now I feel so guilty. He said he wouldn't do it again if I got back with him and stayed near home.. I hate feeling guilty and I hate hurting people, but I don't know what to do now!

Old 06-12-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Talking

Hey...It sounds like you love him with all your heart...do what you feel is right and i know that could be to the right disscion....Finding a place to go to school locally in some places may be hard....good luck on your disscion!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 07:20 AM   #3
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Don't give up your future because of this! Go off to school anywhere YOU want to! This guy needs help and he won't get better just because you stay home.

Old 06-13-2003, 10:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Like I said, the guy might do something but it would not be fatal - he would do it just to get your attention and use guilt to make you stay. This is what he did, and it appears to be at least somewhat working on you.

Don't feel guilty! You didn't put the razor into his hands - this is something he did himselt and he did it soley to make YOU fell guilty. This isn't love - he is using your caring against you so he can have HIS way. He doesn't care about you. If he loved you, he would not do ANYTHING to make you sad or to feel guilty. He would support your decision to get a good education. Instead, he wants to keep you down. Shame on him - he doesn't deserve you, and you deserve much better.

You are becoming an adult and you need to make your own decisions. Don't let this uncaring and unthoughful boy destroy your future. If you have the chance to go to school out of state, and if this is what you want - do it! You will have regrets for the rest of your life if you don't.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:07 PM   #5

No Means Yes HB User
that guy sounds crazy. life doesn't begin until after college. go to college, get out of high school life, and drop boyfriend.

Closed Thread