It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 07:40 PM   #1
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Lightbulb one memory forever and always

Ok this could be a good or a bad thing...but this past school year this guy i dated took me to his Junior prom(im a <deleted> ) and this is makin things hard for me to let go....all i can think about is that night and how much fun i had......we didnt do anything serius like sex or anything but that night always brings back GOOD memorys about him.....and he did me wrong and i want him back...is it bad that i want him back....he wants me but im in mixed emotions about him and i dont know how to talk to him about this....what do i do should i go back or find someone better....are the tears i keep lossing over him worth it????
or

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 06-14-2003).]

Old 06-12-2003, 09:02 PM   #2
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Well...

I guess it depends how he did you wrong and if you are willing to forgive him. Don't forgive him just because you had a good memory together. All relationships have good memories, but they still end eventually. Only you can evaluate this situation. Do you still care about him? Was what he did forgivable? Would you feel the same if you HADN'T gone to prom with him? If you answered no to any of these then you should definetly think long and hard before getting back with him.

Hope that helped! Good luck..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 10:41 AM   #3
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Hey thanks for the reply...but let me tell you the story....well May 1st i left to go to the beach...and i called and told him that i had made it down there and he ask me what was up with my ex...i told him nothing because nothing had happen and ask him why...and he said that people at school had told him that i was cheatin on him(which i hadnt been b/c i was happy)and then he said well i dont know what to think...and then i got mad and told him that it he could belive me or them and i hung up...then i started feeling pretty bad of what i had done so i called him back and told him i was sorry that i just didnt know what to do b/c i didnt know who he had heard it from...and it kinda made me mad so...and then at about 8:45 he called me back and told me it was over and that he needed sometime to figure things out....i was like ok what ever and i went back to the bus and cried...i cried for three days!!!The whole time we was gone...and i didnt talk to him anymore that whole trip...he was still at home he couldnt go....it was a school trip...well anyways when i got back home and got back to school there was 2-3 rumors 1 was that i cheated on him...2 was that he screwed me which i wouldnt do b/c i wouldnt risk him going to jail just for that....3.......that i had a miscarriage which that didnt happen b/c im still a vrigin...lol ne ways...

no i dont think things would be the same if i hadnt went to prom but i dont know.....he meant the world to me....i cry over him today when i listin to my music and the songs we danced to......and he called me two weeks ago and wanted me back and ask me to forgive him and i dont know what to do i STILL and ALWAYS will love him!!!! PLEASE HELP!!

To answer your questions
do i still fill/ love him....YES
was what he did forgiveable....i dont know
would i feel the same if i hadnt gone to prom....I DONT THINK SO
Thanks for your help....
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love2.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 06-13-2003, 12:38 PM   #4
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Hmm..

I'm kind of confused. You say you love him but yet you wouldn't want him back if the whole prom thing hadn't taken place? I don't believe you can base a loving relationship solely on one memory. Are you certain that you love him? No doubts at all? It seems to me that you just don't want to let him go because of your memory of prom, which like I said before, is silly because ALL relationships have good memories. You need to hold on to the memories, but not necessarily the relationship. Are you with me?

I think he was very wrong to end the relationship because of gossip. If you told him it wasn't true he should have believed you and went from there. A relationship without trust is no relationship at all.

On the other hand, if you weren't dating very long, it's possible that he hadn't built up a lot of trust for you yet, which is perfectly normal. All relationships take time to build trust. If you had only been dating a couple weeks and he did this then I would understand why he may be hesitant to trust you and I think I personally would be able to forgive him for that.

What do you think? Is it reasonable to ask him to trust you completely after only a couple weeks?

My advice to you would be to call him, and tell him what's on your mind. If you decide you want to see him again then go for it. I don't see a problem with forgiving him. If you don't want to date him again then tell him that and explain your reasons.

I hope you consider what I've said. Let me know how it goes.

Old 06-13-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
i do but i dont feel that the prom is what has me holding....i dont call him but he had called me once since we broke up.....i dont know if he wants me back b/c hes lonely or if he really loves me....and my mom gets mad at me b/c i say i still love him after what he did do...all my friends dont like him...none of my family likes him....i dont know what to do....i know there are going to be good memeories in all relastionships but....i just dont know what/who i want...i sometimes feel happy singel b/c i want to go out and beable to have fun and not be tied down...but yet i want someone to hold me when im down and love me when im upset........HELP!!

Ashley

Old 06-13-2003, 04:35 PM   #6
Veteran

UF baby HB User
I think you should forgive him. You obviously care a lot about him. It shouldn't matter if your friends don't like him ...but your mom..I'd tiptoe around that. Maybe talk to her and tell him he is a nice guy he just screwed up (like humans tend to do.)

Old 06-13-2003, 06:56 PM   #7
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
well this isnt the 1st time we had dated...we dated once before and broke up after 3 days...she dont like him and gets mad when i talk to her........
anyways thank for the help...i may talk to him but im not calling him.....
and im not sure of him e*mail address anymore so what should i do...???

Ashley

Old 06-15-2003, 02:33 PM   #8

TheVampClaudia HB User
Well, I think that you should talk to HIM first, and set things straight with him. Tell him that you love him, and straight up ask him, are you wanting me back because you're lonely, or because you love me. And, then tell him that you want to be with him, you want to have a loving trusting relationship. Then, talk to your mom, after you've decided on what you're doing. And tell her what is going on.

Closed Thread