It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2003, 02:40 PM   #1

Kressy HB User
Question Belly button piercing

I got my ears pierced at age one, so I obviously remember how it felt. I'm a pretty big chicken, but I really want to get my belly button pierced. I am going this Saturday and was wondering if there was anything I could take, such as an Advil or some kind of anti-inflammatory pill that would help alleviate the pain??

Thanks so much!!

Old 05-01-2003, 04:19 AM   #2

Sofver HB User
No dont take anything. Dont smoke Mary-J, dont drink, dont take any pills BEFORE the piercign itself because it can cause bleeding... after the piercing is doen u can pop something but dont do it before.When i got it done it hurt like a *****. Dont let noone fool you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2003, 09:08 AM   #3

Kressy HB User
Thanks for the reply! I guess I'll have to deal with the pain. I think it'll be worth it, though.

On a side note, in my original post, I meant to say that I obviously DO NOT remember getting my ears pierced at age one.

Old 05-04-2003, 05:02 PM   #4

rach923 HB User
hey- i have debated getting my belly button pierced for several years now, but i'm not of age, and i don't wanna sneak around...but my parent's said "if i came home with anymore peircings that they would rip them out with pliers"- but they can't do anything about it, can they??? last summer i was so preoccupied with getting it done, but now, although i think its cute, i'm so so fixated...should i still get it done? or just take it as a passing phase?? they cant do anything about it can they?? i feel bad going against they're wishes, but thats not really their decision to make, is it??? btw, i have two holes in each earlobe, and one on my upper right ear, so i'm not over peirced or anything, no tatoos, no desire for any, so i'm not destroying myself or anything- also, when you get it, lemme know the pain factor!!

rach

August 1999: diagnosed with GERD and IBS...put on zantac, then aciphex
Spring 2000: diagnosed with TMJ...have lower splint
September 2000: hospitalized for failure to thrive due to malnutrition and dehydration; fed with ng tube for 3 months, put on prilosec
2001-02: developed chronic sinusitis/rhinitis from NG tube, put on nasonex and allegra
January 2002: switched GI's, diagnosed with hiatal hernia, switched to nexium, added peppermint oil, put on bentyl PRN for pain, zoloft for nausa
March 2003: IBS getting worse, switched PRN bentyl to BID levbid ER
May 2003: diagnosed with asthma from GERD, put on advair and singulair, albuterol PRN
May 2003: back pain and limited mobility, caused by 2002 car accident and dance injury, unidentified
April-June 2003: minor ear irritation and hearing problems, and extra sinus swelling, unidentified
May-June 2003: heartburn recurring even with meds!- GI put me on 40mg Pepcid Rx in the morning and at bedtime...Seems to be holding over till August...
July: chest x-ray came back, found mild thoracic scoliosis, and small "heart shadowing", EKG results are coming...

Old 06-05-2003, 12:22 PM   #5

Foxxy Cleopatra HB User
Talking

To Rach, i knwo JUST how you feel! all my mates say go ahead,but do you think its right to go behind my parents back?ive wanted to have it done for the last 4 YEARS and they still say no.have u convinced your parents yet,if you have any tips?any info u hav or any1 else will REALLY,really help,thanx. oh and Rach all my mates say it doesnt hurt a bit-hope i helped. Alesha xx

Old 06-09-2003, 09:04 AM   #6

navylover HB User
ok. when i had mine done. it didn't exactly hurt. i don't know how to explain it. it stung like a bee sting for a while. sit down and have a long talk and explain that you realllllllly want this and it's something you've beeeeeeeen wanting. lol. good luck. as for it getting ripped out, i was told that, too. but when i got back from panama city and they saw it, it was like, well it's cute but hope it doesn't get infected. haha
ashley

Old 06-09-2003, 11:37 AM   #7

Mybabyboo876 HB User
Hey.I didnt think it hurt all that much.I think youll be fine.Yea i agree its kinda a sting but not too painful!I was told mine would get ripped out too.(I think alot of parents tell their daughters that!)My parents didnt care all that much they just said they hoped it WOULD get infected!lol.Their over it now though!

Old 06-10-2003, 02:53 AM   #8

roza HB User
Talking

hi, people!

I got my belly button piercing in UK about six months ago and I absolutely did not feel a single thing. they sprayed this stuff on my belly button and it was over and done with. But, it a navel piercing needs to be good taken care of so it wont get an infection. so if you ask me, the hard part comes once yuo've had it pierced.

Best of Luck!

Old 06-12-2003, 01:29 PM   #9

Denise383 HB User
hey dun worrie bout the pain i am 12 n got my belly button pirced it dun hurt what so ever and the procuder is realtl easy as well first u lay on this tabble thing and the clean your belly-button off and then then get all their toolz and stuff togeter then the pull the needle out of the lil strail packet and then they say ok i will count to 3 then i want you to take a deep breath and then exhale when u exhale they puse it through so fast u can't really feel it it ony takes like 1 min to do and it dun hurt oh yeah get a ring bars are harder to clean at first becuz the first couple dayz will be a lil pain ful GOOD LUCK happy pircings

Old 06-14-2003, 03:57 AM   #10

deliciousmess HB User
Some people remember how much it hurt when they got their ears pierced, and they get scared out of getting other body parts pierced. They think, argh needle, thats gonna hurt even worse than a piercing gun! On the contrary, piercing guns are evil painful things that shoot stupid blunt studs through your ears, hence the pain. The needles they use to pierce other bodyparts such as eyebrow, bellybutton and all that are really sharp, plus they clamp the place first, so you can hardly feel it - yay. Yay for needles. They're much less painful than bad bad vaccination needles coz they don't go down very deep and they don't inject nething into you :S . So if you're gonna get a needle piercing, I'd say that pain thing is the last thing you should worry about...though there is always the exception to the rule, so don't quote me on that.

Old 06-15-2003, 11:53 AM   #11

Foxxy Cleopatra HB User
Smile

well thanx 4 all ur help people, cause im allowed to get it done!!
dunno when but my mum had been buying belly bars 4 me for 2 weeks now-not a long time but it is to me.
thanx alot people!!!u lot r great!

Old 06-15-2003, 01:24 PM   #12

TheVampClaudia HB User
Nahhh it doesn't hurt at all, i have mine done four times..all around my belly button. Don't let people scare you. HAVE FUN!

Old 06-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #13

Jackie42 HB User
Question

i

[This message has been edited by Jackie42 (edited 06-16-2003).]

Closed Thread