It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #1
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Question right or wrong~divoreed familys

hey.....hows it going for everyone?? ok anyways...i was writing tofind out what other teenages would do if there father did them the way mine has done me....well heres the story.....

i stopped seeing my dad b.c he called me a fat <deleted> and when i go to visit him he puts me down b/c of my weight....dont let me do anything when my brothers there with me....i get yelled at for everything......

If you can help me and tell me what i should do...please tell me

Thanks!
ashley

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 06-14-2003).]

Old 06-14-2003, 12:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Have you explained to him how you feel? Sit him down when he's calm and say what you feel. If he continues to treat you badly, tell him that you don't want to see him, and you won't until he improves his attitude towards you. Make sure your not being bad to him either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2003, 02:23 PM   #3

TheVampClaudia HB User
Well, my dad was mean to me when he lived with me, he would call me fat and stuff like that. But, now that he does not live with me, he hasn't since i was 13..i am now 18. Now, he supports me on trying to lose weight, he tells me how smart i am, and everything. Maybe your dad is just heartless, and really just DON'T care. I'm sorry to be so blunt with you about it, but sometimes the truth hurts sweetie.

Old 06-15-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Your dad sounds like a real *******.
Does your mom know how he treats you, and that he verbally abuses you? If not, it is "crucial" that she is told. If she knows it's going on, and refuses to do anythign about it, she's no better.

It sounds like he really doesn't want any parts of you, no offense. Or maybe he's taking his anger out on you? I don't know. Seriously though, I would refuse to see him until he learns how to treat his you, his child.
If you're bound by court order to abide by visitation rights on his part, then you need to go to court or something and explain why you should not ever be put in that situation.
It sounds harsh, but what he is doing, is in fact abuse, even if it's not physical.
You have a right to be protected against that.
Good luck

Old 06-17-2003, 03:06 PM   #5

badlilangel HB User
My dad was the same way, in fact, probably worse. Always verbally abusing me, and it took a toll. Finally my mom iniated a divorce now that I hardly see my dad, he is a lot nicer, more involved in my life, works harder, supports me more, etc. though it is hard to "forgive him" for the past.

Old 06-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #6

bluewave117 HB User
no parent should evr put their kid down. Parents are supposed to be your support and guidence in life, and i think that your dad might not realize waht he is doing. I think that you should talk to him and tell him how you feel and tell him basically exactly what you put in your post. I think he will inderstand and hopefully he will try to change the tendencey.

Closed Thread