It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2003, 06:34 PM   #1

bluewave117 HB User
Post i need general info about belly button piercing

i want to get my belly button peirced, but my mom wants to know what all the risks are before she'll consider it. I just need to know what are the most common risks, less common risks, anything that is a side affect of getting my belly button pierced. Also, When i get it pierced(hopefully), how should i find a place to get it done that is good?

Old 06-18-2003, 03:51 PM   #2

Mycalia HB User
Hello...I have had my bellybutton pierced for 2 years and nothing bad has happened to me.there are risks involved but not many.Your body can reject the piercing...meaning it can push it out of your skin because its a forign object. It can become infected...but if you take really good care of it follow all the directions most likly it won't.as far as finding a good piercer. Go to parlors and ask if your can maybe watch a piercing.If they change their gloves alot...thats a good sign,ask to see where they sterilize their equipment, i think its called the audioclave...something like that. If the instruments come out of the sterile blue bags..and they open everything in front of you. Just ask bunches of questions!! But if anything seems fishy LEAVE IMMEDIATLY!! like if you see people smoking ciggarettes in the parlor, or it looks dirty. Let me know if you have anymore questions!! If they allowed E-mail on here i'd give you my address...if your mom has any Q's you can ask....also look it up on the web there is plenty of info on here!!

------------------
XoXo
~Krystal~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread