It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2003, 11:49 AM   #1

figgie49 HB User
Post Why am i like me???

Every day of my life i look at my friends and think wouldn't they be better off without me? MOst of the time i think, yes they would. Why is this i'm happy with myself apart from being too shy sometimes. Do i need help or is it just a phase that will pass??

Old 06-04-2003, 06:49 PM   #2

blondy15 HB User
Lightbulb

ITs probilly a fase but just think of every thing you have done good to your friends and think what would have happend with out you there...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2003, 06:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Now why do you feel that they would be better off? Obviously if they felt the same, they wouldn't be friends with you anymore, but the fact that you still call them your friends says a lot. You guys probably hang out and things like that, so you must be doing something right, correct? Don't worry about that, if they felt the same, they wouldn't be your friends, but they are

Old 06-05-2003, 04:50 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
It's probablly just a phase. Why would you not like to be you? Everyone is different and everyone brings different qualities to things. If all your friends were shy it probablly wouldn't work out, same if all of them were loud.

Old 06-06-2003, 03:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User
It sounds to me like you might have depression. This can happen for no known reason due to a chemical imbalance in the brain. It usually lasts about six months but is not good to try and cope with on your own. You may need a course of pills from a doctor. It's nothing to be ashamed of so do tell your parents and ask to see a doctor. Or you could ask to see a doc and tell them your problem. Please don't bottle it up.

Old 06-12-2003, 04:27 PM   #6
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
yea i know how you feel i sometimes do the samethings.....i feel like the whole world would be better off with out me....but yet i like the way people do me sometimes....my friends have this thing were they talk about me behind my back and it hurts......and thats why i feel like i do...so....i still think its a phase that all of us teenagers go through!!!

Old 06-18-2003, 01:17 PM   #7

bluewave117 HB User
don't worry about it too much, or you may run the risk of getting more depressed, but if you ask me i would say that you have depression, and you should go see someone or call a hotline and talk about it, or else it may get worse. Just think about everything in your life that you do like, and be careful not to do anything rash. You may also want to talk to your friends, becasue i'm sure that if you talk to them, they will reasure you that they wouldn't be better off without you, because ,whether we realize it or not, every person in your life has an effect on the overall outcome, and without even one of those people, our lives would not be the same.

Old 06-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #8

abbygirl3112 HB User
it might be depression or something, because i have never once asked myself that question

Closed Thread