It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2003, 10:59 PM   #1

onflamesforhim HB User
Post I want to get my belly button peirced

But me and my mom both want to know the ups and downs of it. also my mom saw a segment , and it said 99.9 percent of gurls who get peircings are more likly to smoke do drugs have sex and drink , is that true??

Old 06-28-2003, 11:14 PM   #2

onflamesforhim HB User
no ne know about this either > lol okay thankies anyways

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2003, 01:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
I don't think that getting something pierced would affect behavior, get it done if you want to and you know about it.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:27 AM   #4

wondertwin44 HB User
Lightbulb

That isn't true. Just as many people will smoke, drink, do drugs, and have sex that aren't pierced. I have my tounge pierced, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go out and do all of those things. People just assume that if someone is rebelling by getting something pierced, they will do much worse things. Also, your mom should be thankful that it's just your belly button you want to get pierced. It's a very common piercing.

------------------
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 06-30-2003, 06:30 AM   #5
Inactive

$CASHMONEY$ HB User
HEY Onflamesforhim reply to one of my posts.

I am a guy and I think bellybutton rings are classy and sexy!

------------------
PIMP-MASTA

Old 06-30-2003, 06:56 PM   #6
(female)

SabresLover81 HB User
Hey a navel piercing will not make you run out and smoke,have sex,or drink. Maybe if you were getting something else done but come on now! What show was that on?? Unbelievable! Anyways it doesn't really hurt when you get it pierced. I had mine done then stupidly took it out and it closed up so a year later i just pierced it again myself. Goodluck! make sure you take care of it though.

Old 06-30-2003, 07:56 PM   #7

wondertwin44 HB User
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SabresLover81:
[B]Hey a navel piercing will not make you run out and smoke,have sex,or drink. Maybe if you were getting something else done but come on now! What show was that on?? Unbelievable!

What could someone get pierced that would make them do that? It all depends on the person already. It has nothing to do with the piercing.

------------------
Carrie, ~SATC~
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 06-30-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
(female)

SabresLover81 HB User
yes i know that.

Old 07-02-2003, 06:15 PM   #9

Cute*Kitten HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by onflamesforhim:
But me and my mom both want to know the ups and downs of it. also my mom saw a segment , and it said 99.9 percent of gurls who get peircings are more likly to smoke do drugs have sex and drink , is that true??
~*It's me again*~ You have so many topics to reply too lol. Anyways, there's no psychological correlation between navel piercing and naughty behavior (yes, I *personally* consider those actions naughty and bad so no one yap at me for being judgemental! :P). I have my navel pierced and I absolutely HATE alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc. There are really no "downs" to this piercing if you take care of it, it's great.

Closed Thread