It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2003, 09:35 PM   #1

AntiSocial HB User
Post How do I ask my mom I want to remove a mole?

We are never usually alone and I tried hinting to her but she never gets it. I don't want my brothers or sisters to know but they're always home so I don't know what to do. The moles are making me self conscious and I have a hard time doing presentations in front of the class. It's hopeless..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2003, 02:17 AM   #2
Inactive

Sundance_Dawn HB User
Is there anything your Mom does (for example food shopping, or having coffee at a certain cafe, or some kind of hobby) that you could accompany her to where you would be alone with her? I am sure if you catch her on her own (in the garden, laundry room etc.) she will be willing to listen to you.

If you don't get a chance to talk to her during the day, can you sneak back up after bedtime and catch her away from your siblings?

While such things can be damaging to the self esteem it's also a health issue, as large and exposed moles can bear a greater risk of developing into skin cancer, so it's understandable that you are concerned about them - good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2003, 10:53 AM   #3

GoodGirl26 HB User
There's gotta be sometime during the day when she'll walk into a room by herself. Follow her in the room and ask her. Or you could even write her a note about it and stick it under her pillow or in her purse or just hand it to her and ask her to read it somwhere private. There are many ways you can do it! Just be creative! Good luck!

Old 07-11-2003, 08:38 PM   #4

AntiSocial HB User
I'm afraid there isn't. My mom is always the last one to sleep and she comes home at around seven at night and cooks dinner, then watches tv. I share a room with my mom and sister so I can't say anything to my mom without waking my sister. I'll wait for a right moment to ask her. Many new moles are appearing on my leg and I'm afraid I have cancer. Thanks for your ideas!

Closed Thread