It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 07:55 PM   #1

kweli HB User
Lightbulb Girl Issue please please please help

Ok well, I am a male in 12th grade. I met this girl at a football game and we became great friends. Literally she is the best friend I have ever had. She always tells me she loves me to death and she couldn't be without me by her side helping her with issues. Problem is I really started to like her, but she has had a boyfriend for a few months(a kid she used to be in love with and now she finally got her dream to go out with) It is all very confusign because I talk to her more than she talks to her BF and hang out with her just about the same. We always go to movies and hang out and we have the best time. She even told me it feels like we could be goign out at times(even though she never cheated on her BF with me, I wouldnt do something like that and I know her well enough she wouldn't) I just dont know what to do.. she knows I like her a lot and I know she likes me some, but not as much as her boyfriend. But what I am wondering is..is this worth it for me? Should I stop likeing her because hse is my bestfriend and it would be better or should I still like her and just wait it out becasue I knwo we will always be friends, and there most likely will be a chance with her later becuase of the fact I'll always be friends with her.. is there any advice on what I should do or should I try to "woe" her over by something? Or am I trying to hard for this to work?

Old 07-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #2

BabyDoll117 HB User
I think that maybe you should take a step back and examine how worth your time building a relationship with this girl is. I dont know her, but maybe she feels like she needs a bf and someone else to keep waiting, I dont know. (Im not trying to be mean, but some girls are that way) If I were in your shoes, I would let her make the attempts to get together or to talk on the phone for awhile...not ALWAYS, just let her miss you a little. And, heres something else to consider-you could try asking her why your relationship is that of a bf/gf without the actual title/intimacy. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2003, 10:54 AM   #3

procharged HB User
I agree, make her miss you a little. Sometimes that can really help. It's helped me out many times.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #4

kweli HB User
I know..it has helped me out a lot also..the thing is she does call me lots by herself but I always ignitiate the 'doing something tonight' so she can do that from now on, thing that confuses me is how the first time i said i wasnt going to talk to her for a while because of the boyfriend thing she started to cry, i dont know if this was to make me feel bad or what but it was confusing

Old 07-09-2003, 11:09 PM   #5

senses_fail HB User
Tell her how u feel if she doesn't know, tell her your confused and need time and space because of her b/f... If she starts to cry just say, "im sorry..etc. then witha fant bye" Making her actually think about this.Wait sometime, and see what happens..Don't call her back though or you have just given all the power basically. If that doesn't work I could tell you easliy how you could get her...

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 07-13-2003).]

Old 07-11-2003, 10:42 PM   #6

Xanthic4111 HB User
You asked "should i stop liking her?" Well here is the answer....NO! If it is possible for you to all of a sudden just 'stop liking her' , then these passions arent really real.

I can understand that it will be hard seeing her go through boyfriend to boyfriend. But once she breaks up with this one. (Which im sure she probably will) Then wait until the greiving process is over. And when she is TOTALLY 100% over him, then I would tell her how you feel. But! If you have ANY doubt that she is over him, DONT do it. And DONT do it while she is dating someone, because that will only make things more confusing, and its not like anything couod happen.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:43 AM   #7

kweli HB User
Other news..well like you guys said stop talking to her or calling her or whatever..well she called me and told me about a week ago..her bf asked to see other people for a little bit after theyve been going out for not that long..she was mad and it sounded like they are breaking up.

Closed Thread