It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2003, 09:29 PM   #1
Inactive

fairyplatypus HB User
Red face strange/scary heart feelings

I'm a healthy <deleted> yr old girl and at least once or twice a day my heart races and pounds in my chest so hard I can feel every beat and it's really scary. Sometimes it does it for a really long time, and sometimes for a short time. Even when it doesn't do that, I can feel my heart beating. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what it is? It scares me a lot.

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 06-14-2003).]

Old 06-13-2003, 10:28 PM   #2
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Doesn't sound normal..Does it race after you've been active or even when your just sitting there? Do you get lightheaded at the same time? There have been times when I've passed out just sitting in class and right before my heart was racing. I think you should talk to your doctor about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 10:52 PM   #3
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
hey my heart does it often but i would still talk to your dr. and if it hurts do it soon!!

Good luck!

Old 06-14-2003, 12:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Your best to get a blood pressure test, blood tests, and an ecg done. Maybe a holten monitor and ultrasound as well-this will show you if you have any problems or irregularities. It's best to get it all done because some of thse things will need treatment and fast.

Otherwise, do you exercise alot? Drink lots of caffeine?

Old 06-14-2003, 05:24 AM   #5

deliciousmess HB User
that could be a symptom of an anxiety attack...though if they just occur for no reason then maybe not. I sometimes get a feeling like that- sometimes when i'm nervous, and other times for no reason. usually i just breathe deeply and concentrate on making my heart beat at a normal pace again. this always works for me, except for if i'm really nervous about something.

does it happen at the same time everyday? maybe something happens at that time that worries you, and you don't even know about it. or maybe you're getting nervous or worried without even knowing it, coz the only symptoms your body is giving you is a hard fast heartbeat.

if it makes you feel better, my boyfriend's heart beats really hard. i can always feel it when i'm next to him, and he can feel it all the time. but he doesn't have any thing wrong with him whatsoever.

Old 06-14-2003, 02:05 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
My heart does this sometimes too and I went to my doctor and he didn't think much about it, and nothing has happened in the years it has been hapenning. But still get it checked to be sure.

Old 06-14-2003, 07:04 PM   #7
Inactive

fairyplatypus HB User
highschoolbabe - did you go to a doctor?
it's been happening a lot more today. The whole day I could feel my heart beating and it was pounding so hard it made me want to scream. I didn't mind it at first but it's driving me crazy. It's scary to be able to hear your own heartbeat. And it's like I'm already depressed, and this feeling constantly makes me think about how unhappy I am. It was beating so fast before I thought I was gonna pass out or have a heart attack and die or something.

Old 06-15-2003, 02:14 PM   #8

TheVampClaudia HB User
Hmm, maybe you have a heart murmer, or something like that. You really need to go to the doctor sweetie. This isn't something you need to be just worring about on the internet.

Old 06-20-2003, 09:16 AM   #9

benman2002 HB User
sounds like an anxiety attack, do you sweat and shake when this happens??....2 times a day seems like alot though

Old 06-20-2003, 09:54 AM   #10
Inactive

fairyplatypus HB User
my hands shake

thanks for the replies all

Old 06-22-2003, 01:52 AM   #11

Kealoha HB User
This happens to me every now and then when I am laying down and get up or if I don't get enough of something to eat...I never figured that out...like sometimes if I am hungry or if I had not had something to eat I get really shaky like that...but I don't think anything of it...but if it bugs you, then go get it checked out.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:20 AM   #12

Mybabyboo876 HB User
I have the same thing!!It feels really weird maybe its not as uncommon as i thought....

Old 07-15-2003, 01:23 PM   #13

brands11 HB User
WOW, sounds just like me last year. My heart was beating so fast that in fact i was taken to the er room, my heartrate was 180 beats per min. My body was in a state of shock. After many many tests(physical and mental) the doctors concluded I suffered from depression and a panic disorder.
A panic disorder is very hard to cope with i wont lie, but you can start to change your life around to cope with it. I was put on all sorts of meds for both depression and the panic attacks, however 9 months later i realized that changing my ways was the only way to do it. If you do have a Panic Disorder then its time for a life change. June 21, 2002 I was diagonesd with this and by Dec, I had changed my perspective and I have not had an attack since then(mind that I used to have them 2 to 3 times a day). Def. have your doctor do some tests to rule out other possibilites, but if its a Panic Disorder, check it out on here, it will help so much and always remind you that your not going crazy!

Good Luck and things will be ok, im living proof!!!

Closed Thread