It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2003, 09:01 PM   #1

gcroxmyhallway HB User
Post Friend wants to run away.....Please help me

My friend who is suicidle and who use to carve herself, recently told me that she is going to run away. She has a plan and everything. She hates her family and she use to take depression pills, which i think she needs to go back on. But I'm just not sure what to do, her cousin knows and also another friend, but I think they will let her go. I wanted to tell my mom, but i think she'll tell her mom and my friend will get mad at me. I also thought of telling her mom, or writing a letter to her or something....But again,she will get mad at me. I'm not sure what to do, please give me advice. thanx!!!

Old 07-14-2003, 09:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Listen here. I have been in that position way more than once. I told someone. I'm glad I did too. Would you rather have your friend alive or dead? Seriously, if I didn't tell someone, my friends would have been dead by now. Since I knew I would have felt some blame. If you don't tell someone, what is going to happen to your friend? Do you care about your friend? Do what's right, not what is convenient. Your friend might be mad if you tell, but at least your freind might still be alive. Your choice, her life. I don't regret what I did...I saved a life. She was mad, but later apologized and thanked me. I wish you luck in making the right choice.
Upshutter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2003, 08:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
I strongly agree with the last post. If you are a true friend you will not worry about the anger she may hold against you. At least you did your part as a friend. Take care and keep us posted!!

Old 07-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #4

gcroxmyhallway HB User
thank you both for posting. I think i will tell someone. Again thank you!!

Old 07-15-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Inactive

bklex HB User
na dont tell on her just convince her not 2 do that...that way u wont be called a snitch and u mite be able to make her happy if u show her all the things that she should stay for

Old 07-15-2003, 10:13 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

upshutter17 HB User
Making her happy is not the same as helping her. She wants to run away, she is suicidal, she is not happy. Also, when aperson is about to kill themselves they say they are happy. That's only because they have made their decision to do it, where, and how to kill themselves. Don't be fooled. Your friend needs help, help her in the way you can. You both are in my prayers.
Upshutter

[This message has been edited by upshutter17 (edited 07-16-2003).]

Closed Thread