It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2003, 08:16 PM   #1

Someonesbaby1987 HB User
Question help

HI EVERYONE......IM HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE WITH MY FATHER....AND IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.....WELL HERES THE STORY.....WELL HE WAS PICKED UP FOR BACK CHILD SUPPORT AND THEN HE CALLED MY MOTHER AND TOLD HER THAT HE WAS GOING TO SIGN OFF ALL HIS RIGHTS <AS IN NO CHILDSUPPORT....NOT SEEING ME NOR MY BROTHER...ETC> AND WELL IM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD BE MAD OR HOW I SHOULD FEEL TO THIS? ME AND MY FATHER HAVE NEVER REALLY BEEN CLOSE B/C WHEN I WAS YOUNGER HE CALLED ME A FAT A** AND I DIDNT REALLY LIKE THAT....AND THEN HE DOES THIS...HIS FAMILY HAS ALWAYS EITHER PUT ME OR THE REST OF MY FAMILY DOWN<MY MOM, GRANDMAL ETC> AND I CANT STAND IT.....I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD TELL HIM AND HIS FAMILY HOW I FEEL SINCE HE IS DOING THIS...OR JUST LET THINGS GO....I MEAN I LOVE MY DAD AND ALL BUT......HE HAS DONE ME WRONG AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.......SO I GUESS THE QUESTION IS......IS WHAT IM DOING AND THE WAY I FEEL RIGHT......??
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ALL REPLY THEY ARE GREAT APPERIATED!!
THANKS BUNCHES......
ASHLEY

Old 07-15-2003, 08:35 PM   #2
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Sounds like some male undeserving of the title "father."
You have every right to be upset with him. Not only for the emotional abuse he handed out to you over the years, but from what you've said...he's jsut basically given up all rights to even see or know his own flesh and blood. How messed up is that?
I'm really sorry to hear about that I don't know what else to say about that right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2003, 09:59 PM   #3
Inactive

bklex HB User
Even if he doesnt want time privalages with you or your siblings...Child support is mandatory it's not like your mom's getting a gift for letting him see you..tell him how you feel...if that goes bad then just try to cope without him

Old 07-16-2003, 11:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
You have every right to feel the way you do. However, I don't think your Mom should let him off the hook so easily. I'm sure one day you plan to go to college and make something of yourself. He can't sign off his rights unless she agrees to it. If he doesn't want to see you, then that's his loss, but he still has an obligation to take care of you. Your Mom should continue to go for child support. It doesn't sound like your time is worth wasting on him, so just go for what you need to take care of yourself!! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Old 07-16-2003, 02:00 PM   #5
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by normorcrazy:
If he doesn't want to see you, then that's his loss, but he still has an obligation to take care of you. Your Mom should continue to go for child support.
Agreed.

Closed Thread