It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2003, 07:31 PM   #1

asdfjkl HB User
Post unapproachable?

I'm always single and I HATE IT! In the movies, the hottest girl gets dates left and right but in the real world, why are guys so shy about approaching pretty girls? I'm not into looks AT ALL and I'm a genuinely nice girl so if a completely hideous, but nice, guy approached me I would honestly give it a chance. I was single all through high school and I doubt that it was because of my personality because I always had lots of friends. I got to college and the first year was just as bad. I thought maybe I was too skinny or something but everywhere I go people tell me that I should be a model. Soooooo.... what gives?! Is there any way for me to seem less intimidating? I'm always smiling, always laughing, always telling jokes, always dancing, ... OR, maybe its a height thing? I'm 6'1" so maybe that scares everyone off. Any thoughts on this? THANKS!

Old 07-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #2
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Well some guys could be intimidated by your height.
I know a lot of guys though who are intimidated by a good looking woman. Either they think they won't be able to measure up or something, but some let the opportunity slip by, in fear of asking them on a date or whatever.

Other than that, there are probably countless other reasons which are varied depending on who you talk to

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2003, 07:52 PM   #3

sweethoney07 HB User
Maybe you should try approaching guys first, I mean who ever said that men have to always approach females ya know. And don't ever down yourself or try to change your ways to get someone to notice you or come and talk to you. I've had the same problems with getting guys to come to me, almost all my friends are male but that's all they were to me at first. But there isn't anything wrong with being the first one to move in, so I think you should try that, plus you don't have anythign to lose.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by sweethoney07:
Maybe you should try approaching guys first, I mean who ever said that men have to always approach females ya know. And don't ever down yourself or try to change your ways to get someone to notice you or come and talk to you. I've had the same problems with getting guys to come to me, almost all my friends are male but that's all they were to me at first. But there isn't anything wrong with being the first one to move in, so I think you should try that, plus you don't have anythign to lose.

Great point. I think it's usually more effective, in some situations, if women approach the men. This way, they're not letting the opportunity slip, and if they do get turned down or thigns don't go right, at least they tried, which is more than sitting around and waiting.

Old 07-17-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Ya agree with some of the other posters. If you're interested in a guy, just approach him. My assumption is that guys may not approach you because they may think that you're too good for them, or are too good to be single. My opinion. Good luck.

Old 07-17-2003, 02:01 AM   #6
Inactive

Kastro2 HB User
Maybe guys are intimidated to approach you because of how good looking you are?

I think you need to try a bit more, use body language,go to clubs with your friends.

Go out to malls, get around more. Maybe look on a personals network, there are thousands of single men out there looking for a girl like you!

Dont give your hopes up and have faith in yourself, if you truly believe you are beautiful then that should give you enough confidence and self-esteem to get out there and make an effort to find someone instead of letting them come to you.

Hope this helps, good luck finding the right guy!

Closed Thread