It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2003, 11:22 AM   #1
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
Post Is this a good birthday gift?

My boyfriends birthday is in about a week, and I was trying to figure out how to get him something. I don't have a job, but my mom offered me work to do in our house, (Painting, remodeling.. etc) Getting $10 an hour. So I'll work for about 8 hours. He loves REI, so I was thinking of getting him a gift certicate or something there, taking him out to dinner (And letting him have ice-cream for dessert since he loves it so much, but can't have dairy, and doesn't really get it that often since I don't let him ), and going to a movie. All paid by me, since we never have money to do a whole lot.

Old 07-12-2003, 05:12 PM   #2

christie s HB User
That sounds great to me, it sounds like it would be a great treat to go to a dinner and movie if it is something the two of you don't get to do that often. This too is just a thought, are there any types of amusement parks around where you're at?

I do have a question tho, why can't he have dairy products? Is it that he can't because of a medical reason or do you just not want him too?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 11:39 PM   #3
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
He's lactose intolerant, but he doesn't usually get that sick from it. Plus we're both really big into health, and ice cream isn't the best for you, so he doesn't ever get it.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:17 PM   #4

kbunch HB User
Nothing wrong with splurging every once in a while, as long as he doesn't get sick from it. Sounds like a wonderful birthday!!

Old 07-15-2003, 10:17 PM   #5
Inactive

bklex HB User
nice...u sound like a nice gurlfriend to have...hope yall treat eachother mutually

Old 07-18-2003, 11:07 AM   #6

bngreen HB User
I think he would really enjoy that. You could aslo make it unique and special. My boyfriend (husband now) knows I love chocolate. For my 18th, I asked him to make me a chocolate cake...that is all I wanted. He didn't have a cake pan so bought me chocolate ice cream and made me chocolate covered strawberries which he fed to me with whipped cream. I have recieved a lot of very expensive gifts in my life, but that one birthday I remember the most. Thoughts count.

Closed Thread