It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2003, 08:56 PM   #1

tina*too HB User
Exclamation *PLEASE READ:: am i wrong??*

previously, me & my best friend had a HUGE fight, im talkin MANGER! which now she is my ex best friend, she decided things wouldnt be the same. little things had been bothering her for a while i guess which she NEVER told me and we were like really close. anyways... we hadnt hung out in a while so i wrote her a letter tellin her i missed her and i felt that her boyfriend was kinda gettin between our friendship basically that she'd rather be wit him. i know that in relationships many people are always wit their boyfriend/girlfriend and some make it there life. but anyways this is what lit the match because she got REALLY REALLY upset that i said that and she told me i didnt know what its like to be in a relationship since i dont have a boyfriend and that its easier for her to hang out wit people wit boyfriends because "THEY UNDERSTAND BETTER THAN ME" and we cant be good friends because she'd rather be wit them. so now we are like acquaintances and i really go my feelings hurt. i know that there are two sides to this story and we both have our reasons but i just was wondering if i am the wrong one here?? i just missed my best friend...
**just to make it clear... that wasnt the only thing that occurred, thats just what lit the match!

Old 07-14-2003, 10:30 PM   #2

wondertwin44 HB User
I was in a situation similar to that when I was younger. I'm going to assume you're still pretty young here... most likely 16 or younger. I'm also going to assume that this is probably one of your friend's first if not first relationships. Many times people will ignore their friends when they are in relationships. I know she said it's easier to hang out with other people because they "understand better than you," but you could try to hang out with her and her boyfriend when they are doing group stuff. It is hard to lose friends, especially if they were supposed to be your best friend. You know that your friend and her boyfriend won't be together for very long. It's a young, teenage relationship. I mean really, how long can it last? Just give her some time and let her know you still care about her and want to be her friend. If she's worthy of being your friend, she will come back to you. If not, don't worry because then you really didn't want to be her friend anyway. Hopefully things will work out with you two. Good luck and I hope I was of some help.

------------------
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2003, 10:13 PM   #3
Inactive

bklex HB User
ur rite....i had a relationship where i spent like 24/7 with the gurl in the end i got so tired of it....my advice for any relationship is 2 like take 1 or 2days just for the friends boys nite out gurls nite out...anyway ur definately right...bye

Old 07-18-2003, 11:10 AM   #4

bngreen HB User
There is nothing wrong with expressing how you feel. It was better for you to get it out then let it bottle up inside. Eventually, she will come around.

Old 07-18-2003, 08:45 PM   #5

wondertwin44 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by bngreen:
Eventually, she will come around.
She may not though. She can only hope her friend will come around. She may stay "love" struck and lose her friend over it. Only time will tell...

------------------
Carrie, ~SATC~
Carrie, ~SATC~

Closed Thread