It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2003, 07:39 PM   #1

aree HB User
Unhappy boyfriend/best friends

Ok I had this boyfriend that I liked very much our relationship was great, But i broke up with him, because my friends always made fun of me,they would say he was ugly and say that if I stayed with him, Id never get out of this tiny town and stuff. Well Im moving out pretty soon and I could either move in with my best friends or I could go live with my boyfriend,Im sure he'd take me back.What would u do?

Old 07-15-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
First of all, don't ever break up with someone due to what others say about him, in regards to looks and the like.
Only you know if you'd be happy with him.

Honestly, if your friends are willing to criticize and make fun of you over something as trival as your partner's looks....then I wouldn't call them friends.

ANywya, so in the end it should only be up to you. Does he treat you well? Are you both happy in the relationship? There are questions you need to ask yourself to find the answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2003, 11:57 PM   #3

aree HB User
Thanks DanaJ..
I guess I was just being a bit shallow..
We had a GREAT relationship, he was like my best friend, But is it healthy for your only friend to be your boyfriend? I mean You gotta have girlfriends right?

Old 07-17-2003, 10:51 PM   #4

omega_star_22 HB User
Well, like the previous poster said, if they made fun of you they are not real friends. If you had a great relationship and were best friends then I say go for it. I am 21 years old and my fiancé is my best friend. Other then him and my online friends I only have one other girlfriend and I am completely happy with that (although I am a stay at home mom and step mom to three so I don't go out much anyway) I say make new friends, make mutual friends to both of you. Do what will make you the happiest :-)

Old 07-18-2003, 10:55 AM   #5

bngreen HB User
I am from a tiny town myself. I moved there my junior year. I started to date a guy not long after. He is the typical small town farm boy. He is my best friend and now my husband. We have been together over five years. I didn't have the problems you had, but guess how many of my friends from that small town I associate with on a regualar basis. NONE...and we were pretty close. Most of my really good friends I met while attendig undergrad. Oh, I go teased about not getting out of the small town because of him. Guess what sweety, I have a degree and am attending law shchool quite a ways away. So, follow your heart. The odds of you staying close friends form high school are very slim. I know. Do what you think is best for you, not what you think will be acceptable by your friends.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:59 PM   #6

losers HB User
If you really liked this guy you wouldve never left him before but its up to you guys only last for a while friends are there forever

Old 07-18-2003, 08:53 PM   #7

wondertwin44 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by losers:
guys only last for a while friends are there forever
You know, people are always saying that, but it isn't always true. It really depends on the situation.

------------------
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 07-19-2003, 02:04 AM   #8

aree HB User
Thanks u guys..
ur advice really helped me..
and made me realize...That saying about "boyfriends will come and go, But friends are forever" is a bunch of cr*p...
I got back with my boyfriend.. and now were moving to an apartment together..
i hope everything works out
thanks again....

Closed Thread