It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2003, 04:58 PM   #1

mudpixie HB User
Post He kissed me

OK, first of all I am very new and naive to the whole dating scenario. I became great friends with this guy at my community pool. We had a lot in common and he would talk about anything with me.

I was over at his house because I had to call my mom, and he kissed me.

Later he told me he didn't want to go out with me and totally ignored me. I know this must be the oldest question in the book, but why did he do this? Does this mean he hates me? I mean I know some guys just want to get in a girl's pants but he did not seem like that at all, he was really unique (or so I thought, and I didn't even have a crush on him when I first met him).

And like I said, I'm new to this. I'm confused and very hurt. Please help.

Thanks.

Old 07-21-2003, 05:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Welcome to the cruel world of boys and dating.

This is the type of guy to avoid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2003, 01:04 AM   #3
Inactive

Kastro2 HB User
Guys will portray themselves as angels to get in a girls pants..

Since I am a guy this is what I can tell you..

He either.....

1) Wanted some action
2) Had a change of mind
3) Saw something about you that turned him off
4) Used you for something
5) Liked you and is too nervous to admit it

I suggest finding a different guy, if you didn't like him from the beginning and still kissed him then that makes you no better then he was.

Old 07-22-2003, 07:18 AM   #4

50000TearsIveCried HB User
boys...suck...hate when they use u ::mumbles to self::

basically, the guy was probably after one thing, a kiss. And once he got it, he was over and done with...ugh, i feel for u.

[This message has been edited by 50000TearsIveCried (edited 07-26-2003).]

Old 07-22-2003, 09:35 AM   #5

wondertwin44 HB User
Boys really do suck. I've been used, massively screwed over many times, and left confused. I am a huge Sex and the City fan, and one episode said something that just seems to make so much sense. Maybe he just wasn't that into you. If you think about it, it really makes sense with guy behavior. There aren't gray areas. It's all black and white. He likes you, or he doesn't. This guy sounds like a jerk, and you just need to move on. Being young and new to dating can make it hard, but try. Be careful and don't let him talk you into anything you don't want to do. Good luck!

------------------
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 07-22-2003, 12:09 PM   #6

arealguyindc HB User
Hi, I think Kastro is pretty much right on, except that he may be just as new to this as you, and he doesn't know what he's doing, and feels awkward, etc.

Hey, this was a KISS, right, not an extended make out session ? - so, I don't think that necessarily makes him wrong - and more power to you for the experience !

How else are you gonna learn what feels good and what doesn't ?

Who knows what he was doing - he probably doesn't know himself - Maybe he was hoping to feel some sparks, and didn't or maybe he thought he would try to push for something more, and then decided he didn't want to

In any case, please know that there may be plenty of guys interested in you - either ask them out, or get busy flirting - if it helps, you can imagine that he would be jealous

Guys will portray themselves as angels to get in a girls pants..
Since I am a guy this is what I can tell you..

He either.....

1) Wanted some action
2) Had a change of mind
3) Saw something about you that turned him off
4) Used you for something
5) Liked you and is too nervous to admit it

I suggest finding a different guy, if you didn't like him from the beginning and still kissed him then that makes you no better then he was

Old 07-22-2003, 12:28 PM   #7

Foxxy Cleopatra HB User
Angry

tell him to stop being so immature!or slap him either way works.

Old 07-22-2003, 01:19 PM   #8

mudpixie HB User
Thanks for all y'alls help.

I guess he really was a jerk, but it was so strange since we had so much in common and he was so nice. But I guess Kastro2 and arealguyindc were right- some guys just portray themselves as angels and he happened to be one of them.

Oh well, it definitely was a learning experience. My first kiss officially sucked- hopefully the next one (WITH a different guy) will be better.

I seriously hate to lose him as a friend though, because I thought we really were friends. Oh well.

Closed Thread