It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2003, 05:37 PM   #1

G_man123 HB User
Unhappy AM I ALONE?!?

Hi guy,this is my first time on da bored. i got a few questions for y'all. first of all, i'm really shy and i have trouble meeting girls(lets say i don't look like tom crose and i don't really know how to joke). i keep on seeing guys talk to girls no prob, but some can't. i only had one gf ( i know wht ur thinking) and i'm starting i will never get a gf. i'm new to the country and my launguge is pretty good, but i live in a niegbourhood with "local" kids so their english is real good. I'm starting to feel like girls don't even look at me, but i always try to look "cool". i think u might agree with me that stanerts for both boys and girls have gone up high. Every time i even think of talking to a girl, my hands get swaty and i stated to bable. i'm so afraid to embress myself couse i ain't got no expreiance with girls ( well very little).i'm a postive person but i dono how much long i can last. if u guys got any tips, i would really appricate them.

peace ?!?

Old 07-20-2003, 10:45 PM   #2

MelissaH HB User
Welcome to the board! Let me let you in on a secret...confidence is the biggest turn on! I am getting married this October and whenever my sweetie asks me what I first noticed...it was his confidence. I know girls can be intimidating, so understand that much is normal. Try going out with small groups of friends, girls and guys. Even if the girls are just your friends...at least you can learn how to be comfortable talking around them. Let me know how it's going!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #3

booger04 HB User
congrats melissaH on the wedding! but really, just be yourself around the girls...if your new to the country, find a club or something with other people from you origin...dont be afraid to be who you are. being cinfident and yourself is the most important thing you can do! just make a little small talk! work your ethnicity to your advantage...if you get close with a girl, speak to her a another lang...thats always good...just be you...

Old 07-20-2003, 11:01 PM   #4

MelissaH HB User
Thanks booger! Cute name. Quick question...I see you are from Westerville, OH. Do you know where Ashland, OH. is? I have family there! Anyway

Old 07-21-2003, 10:04 AM   #5

G_man123 HB User
thanx alot guys

if anybody else has something to add please do

i can use all the advice i can get

peace?!?

Old 07-22-2003, 01:12 AM   #6
Inactive

Kastro2 HB User
You need experience..

I was just like you, but now after so much experience I can talk to the hottest girl and manage to keep it cool and act myself.

Dont be afraid, whats the worst that could happen? A girl might laugh at you and think your a loser, so what, there are so many other girls out there for you.

One day you will look back at this and laugh, believe me man all it takes is time and practice.

Start off by making friends with girls first. Once you do that engage conversations with them, the number one thing to do is to keep cool and remember you have nothing to lose, if you act nervous the girls will notice that and it is a big turn off. Stay calm, take deep breaths, and if your getting nervous think about something off topic like playing a soccer game or something, thats what I do.

Hope this helps, you will get over this phase trust me, take care bro.

Old 07-22-2003, 04:46 PM   #7

G_man123 HB User
thanx man

Closed Thread