It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2003, 05:52 PM   #1

malibubarbie HB User
Exclamation Is it ok to date my BEST FRIEND?

Ok, I really like my best friend.. ( hes a guy by the way! lol) were always doing stuff tongether even when schools out. We are really close we tell each otehr everything, but 1. im scared to tell him i like him cause i dont want to scare him off and 2. i dont want to mess our friendship up by dating...What should i do?
- malibubarbie

Old 05-12-2003, 06:56 PM   #2

Candygirl525 HB User
Talking

I don't know your complete situation but I do know that I and my best guy friend at the time dated and it was really really good for a long time--then something happened and at the moment we are broken up and not really talking. Which is really hard seeing as we were best friends first, and its hard to lose that. But dating someone who you were best friends with first is always a plus because your already so comfortable with them and they know so much about you already. Its just you gotta watch from screwin it over with him! Good luck!!!

------------------
~*†Carrie†*~
(\o/)
./_\.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2003, 05:16 AM   #3

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
I realized I had feelings for my best friend of two years...and told him - which is something I've never done before (told a guy I had feelings for him). Almost three months later, we're together and very very happy. Candygirl is right - you are more comfortable with him. There's not that "learning about each other" stage.

Go for it. If he doesn't have feelings for you, he's your best friend...he'll understand. But if he does...it may turn out to be your best relationship yet.

Old 05-13-2003, 12:49 PM   #4

malibubarbie HB User
Talking

thanks for your post guys! keep them comming!!

Old 05-13-2003, 11:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
I can't see anything wrong with it.

Old 05-14-2003, 06:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
I'm dating a friend and have been for over a year. As long as your sure you want to do this, go for it. It might be an idea to see if he has feelings for you first though.

Old 05-15-2003, 12:55 PM   #7

malibubarbie HB User
Talking

thanks so much everyone! your post have really helped... but i just dont want to loose my best guy friedn by telling him I have feeling for him

Old 05-15-2003, 05:53 PM   #8

FaithfulyWaiting HB User
My boyfriend is my best friend. its awesome, because we can be completely honest with each other about everything. Even though sometimes its still a little awkward when we are being "mushy" lol, as our friends say. I think that's because we aren't used to it yet, but its sooo awesome : o) He's my best friend, and I Love him to death. (imho, you're b/f or g/f SHOULD be like your best friend.)

Old 05-16-2003, 02:20 PM   #9
(female)

Aleii HB User
go for it.

I'd say if you guys are strong enough friends, then telling him that you like him, even if he doesn't like you back won't break up the friendship.

You are definitely more comfortable with a close friend as a boyfriend. Im engaged to marry my best friend at the moment, and it just doesn't get any better.

Old 05-17-2003, 02:02 PM   #10

malibubarbie HB User
Talking

thanks for the post! keep them comming... i really dont want to mess up the friendship if i date him though

Old 05-19-2003, 05:21 PM   #11

bba_fat HB User
Thumbs up

Hi, I think it is a good idea to try and go for it. I was in the same situation. I have a really good best friend and I noticed how much I cared and loved him. I finally got the nerve to tell him. I really didn't wan't to, at first, because I'm overweight and he's really cute and has always had pretty skinny girls liking him. Now I'm glad I did. I found out he liked me, too. Now we have a thing....we're iffy about ruining our friendship in case of a break up, so now we just say we're 2-gether. We have been for 2 months.

Go for it!!!! If he really is the a good friend, he will understand your feelings, whether or not he likes you the same way back.

Sorry it's so long, but hopefully it's a good story!!!

Old 05-29-2003, 09:19 AM   #12
(female)

blackmoon HB User
Ok, I have two guy friends that are my best friends. I dated both of them(not at the same time, lol). Eventually we all decided to just stay friends. We are still just as great as friends before and maybe even a little closer. The one thing I would do though is have a talk with him to make sure that it won't mess up the friendship. Hope it all works out!

Old 05-29-2003, 10:48 AM   #13

malibubarbie HB User
wow.. yall are good!

Old 05-29-2003, 10:48 AM   #14

malibubarbie HB User
alright well hear me out on this one... cause now my life really sucks with this whole liking my bf thing...

Old 05-29-2003, 10:50 AM   #15

malibubarbie HB User
alright well i was at a party and he was there ( the guy i like aka : my bf) well he was majorly all over my best girl friend.. he names caitlin and she and him were all over each other and i cant say anything cause he does have the right to choose right...

Closed Thread