It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2003, 08:32 AM   #1

QTgirl17 HB User
Post I dont know my boyfriend anymore....confused and scared!!

My boyfriend and i had been dating for a long time and were very close...almost inseperable. We had even planned our future together. About a week ago i went on a vacation with my family for a week and so did he. When i got back i was so excited to see him i just wanted to give him a big hug! but when i saw him he was sad and depressed. I knew that he had, had depression in the past but i never knew how serious it was. I guess when he got back from vacation he had fallen back into it. Everything changed suddenly. He stopped calling as often he never wanted to do anythign anymore and it didnt act like i was important or i even existed. i feel like my heart has been dropped. On top of that all he can talk about is the people he met in Okoboji and most of them were girls. He swares he doesnt like any of them but im still scared. He saw his therapist and she said that he shouldnt have a girlfriend so the next day he said that we should take a break. He says that he still loves me and cares about me, but it doesnt show at all. I dont know what to do i feel like im set in slow motion and cant do anything. please help me.

Old 07-25-2003, 10:45 AM   #2

natureguy HB User
Talking

I know that I might seem difficult now, but let him know you care. Tell him that he can always talk to you. But know, You can only do so much. You must keep yourself happy too. Sometimes letting go is the hardest thing to do. I have been there before. It hurts like nothing else. But your strength will get you through. You can always talk to us, we are here to help.

*** With Love And Light***

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2003, 03:10 PM   #3

bngreen HB User
Shrink said no gf, eh. Hate to be harsh, but I am calling bull. My best friend pulled that one on one of her x's (happened to be another close friend). Three days later, she was with someone else. I know you don't want to hear this...but move on. Don't let him drag you down with him. If it is meant to be he will come around. You are young, you should live. Don't have any regrets and wonder what if?. I have been there and is sucks. There are more productive things you can do than worry and wonder. I know it is hard and it will get better. Hold on to what life gives you but don't let go of what it doesn't. In other words..open your eyes to what is going on in front of you an just live.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
When people are depressed they can say and do lots of things they don't mean to do. Your best thing to eo it support him at at the moment and ask him if you can do anything to help him. Stick by him.

Closed Thread