It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2003, 10:40 AM   #1

happyhel HB User
Post Social Life...

My first topic on this board! I want to know about peoples social lifes, and if you think I have one. I always want to go out, but it is hard because I am only <deleted>. I don't have much money, have to go to school, don't have a TON ( alot, but not many where I can go somewhere with ) of friends, don't live close to my friends ( apart from one ), am underage so can't go to somewhere like a pub or club and can't afford things like a taxi back home. I am in most nights after school. I go out to a church bible study on Sunday nights. I go out every Saturday and most sundays. I do have two really close, good mates and spend about an hour on the phone each night. I do want to go out, but don't really have anywhere to go. I feel in a bit of a rut at the moment. What can I do, and am I sad? And also, whenever people ( like my age ) say stuff to me when I am out at night, I dwell on it. I know I shouldn't, but I do. I can't wait till I get a job, so money and then I will be down the pub most nights! Me and my mate are going to make Friday or Saturday a clubbing night, lol.

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 07-13-2003).]

Old 07-10-2003, 05:17 PM   #2
(female)

jboon HB User
Welcome to childhood (being a minor)!!!!!!!!!! Being a minor involves going to school, following rules, and most often being told what to do by others. It involves studying and applying oneself on a task, learning to make smart decisions and get along with all kinds of people, developing responsibility, managing one's time, and gaining independence. Doing these things adequately prepares you for becoming a successful adult. Because guess what...once you become a legal adult in your state, you get to continue doing the things mentioned AND pay taxes--and if you mess up then you get prosecuted as an adult!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2003, 07:56 PM   #3

losers HB User
Well maybe in your spare time say for a few hours after school get a job and save your money so you will have some to go out with maybe try a local rollar skating rink

Old 07-22-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Jeffrey449 HB User
Well, you sound like me back in the 7th grade. 8th grade i started to go out more. Once in a while but not every weekend. My freshman year EVERYTHING changed. I went out for water polo and swimming. As a freshman i made Varsity, being in Varsity with seniors and juniors was the best thing that could of happend. I made friends with them and they can drive! There was always a plan every weekend. Sometimes one for saturday and another for sunday. I made more friends and my parents trusted me enough to let me go out. At your age (not sure what it is) it is important that the very few times you do go out you are home on time and not get in trouble, that way you will build trust and then in the future you parents will hopefully let you go out more because they TRUST you.

Old 07-27-2003, 06:13 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Why don't you try doing some jobs for your family for some money? That way you can see some movies etc.

Closed Thread