It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #1

snoboarder2344 HB User
Post How do I tell my mom that I'm mature and can handle issues she doesn't think I can?

Well, I'm the baby of my family (3 other siblings) And I want to tell my mom some things. She is very over-pretective, (but sometimes thats all right). So basically I want to tell her that she's a little over pretective and that I can be with a girl w/o her worrying about me doing anything wrong. ( She thinks every single sexsual thing I'm too young for) I'm nervous to approach her about these issues. How can I talk to her about this?

Matt

Old 07-19-2003, 03:20 PM   #2

bngreen HB User
This reminds me of "That 70's Show." In one episode the lead character's mother is so depressed when she finds out her "baby" is having sex that she stays in bed for a long time...although her daughter is getting around. Moms don't want their sons having sex like dad's don't like thier daughters having sex. My mother is the same way to my baby brother. She doesn't want him to go camping or to the lake overnight because girls might be there. My dad has to calm her down. Try talking to your father or one of your siblings first. They may know how to communicate with her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2003, 08:00 PM   #3

snoboarder2344 HB User
haha yea I saw that one. thanks for the advice

Old 07-23-2003, 12:30 PM   #4

spinning-gerbils HB User
Best way to prove to your mom that you are responsible is to show her. I don't know what your life is like, but you can start doing things that show independent responsibility -- that you can take care of yourself and act responsibly toward others. Like I said, I don't know what our life is like, so these suggestions may not apply but hopefully you get the picture: do chores without being told even if they are not your chores to do, or offer to help out (clearing table, mowing lawn.) Keep your room clean and maybe also reorganize it to show initiative and a mind of your own, take an interest in subjects of your own choosing and pursue the interest (I don't mean just girls!) Take out books from the library and converse about their topics with your family. Etc. With parents, with most anyone, actions speak louder than words. After you have established a few of these patterns, re-evaluate and think about a heart-to-heart with your mom. A key concept that may give you some freedom is "compromise."

Old 07-23-2003, 08:59 PM   #5
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
Maybe your mom is correct. Maybe she wants you to avoid the mistakes she made or the ones your sisters made.

If you are unable to support yourself & a baby then you ARE too young to have sex.

Get an education first, learn to support yourself with a good job. Then think about sex.

G

Old 07-27-2003, 06:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Sit her down and talk to her about it. However she's not going to think your mature if you don't act mature around the house, so clean up your act and have that talk.

Old 07-29-2003, 08:41 PM   #7

lilmexchicka HB User
well ur mom may have every right to b like this towards her son but i think it kinda weird cuse all my guy friends there moms r really leniant with them! mayeb u should talk to her a little bit but ur mom may just not want to let u go cuse ur her 'baby'as i am only child u know? so try n find sum common ground with her n wing it from there.

Closed Thread