It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2003, 06:28 PM   #1
Inactive

witchywoman HB User
Angry Pot smoking boyfriend

My boyfriend smokes pot every day. I can't get him to stop. He has cut back, but when I still complain about it, he just says that he can never please me. Can anyone give me advice to get him to stop?

Old 06-12-2003, 07:11 PM   #2
Inactive

highschoolbabe HB User
Hey i cant tell you a way to get him to stop but tell him that it really bothers you andthat you dont like it and i think that if he dont stop that would show ME that he dont truly love or care for you! but thats in my eyes but just tell him how much he means too you and that it really bothers you.....
GOOD LUCk

:Angel:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 07:18 PM   #3

kristen_channel HB User
Unfortunately, the only person you can control is yourself... I know from close friends how difficult it can be when you have a relationship with someone who's addicted (and if any of you teens have heard that pot is not addictive, and you believe it, you have been misinformed and are quite naive, because it's a big, fat lie... trust me, I've studied the facts on the psychology of drug abuse.)

Personally, I always found pot smokers quite annoying, especially when they were high, and was a lot happier when I rid myself of those friends. And, since he seems quite set on getting high every day and isn't willing to compromise with you on the matter, I think you'd be much happier without him in your life.

I realize you're probably concerned about his well-being, but you really can't help someone who is unwilling to help himself.

Hope my post wasn't too much of a downer... I'm just speaking from my own experience...

Good luck.

------------------
Expecting our first child in June '03. It's a BOY!!!

Proud to be a Navy wife! Married to my wonderful nuclear submariner since April 2001.

Proud to be a Navy wife!

Old 06-12-2003, 08:55 PM   #4
Inactive

witchywoman HB User
Thank you for your advice. I really hope I can convince him to stop though. We've gone through too much to just give up now. Good luck with your baby if you haven't already had him!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 08:57 PM   #5
Veteran

UF baby HB User
I know what your talkin about. It sucks.
[url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum117/HTML/001030.html"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum117/HTML/001030.html[/url]

Old 06-13-2003, 10:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
If he would rather get his highs from drugs than from being with you, I say dump him. Asking him to stop breaking the law doesn't seem like a big thing to ask.

Old 06-13-2003, 05:14 PM   #7

XcapeMyPain HB User
sorry for the lateness of this reply but I just saw it and I must say I'm in almost the same boat as you sweetie! My b/f smokes it nonstop with his dad and his stupid buddies *I say stupid because they have smoken themselves retarded*
Everytime my b/f gets stoned he is a complete JERK and I told him about it and said if he would rather smoke and be a ***** than be nice to me and act like a real boyfriend then it was over and it has slimed down a little but not much...He drinks too and its the same way...its hard to deal with but I guess since our continuous talks he is starting to slow down....VERY SLOWLY but surely

I hope...
Good luck chick

Old 06-14-2003, 12:40 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
If it really annoys you, tell him it's you or the pot.

Old 06-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #9
(male)

chump HB User
personally i think saying "its me or the pot" is messed up. You could use that mentality to make him do anything. "That's it. Drop me off in town or we're over". Pots no big deal. Why does it bother you so much? Why not join the guy. Would give you another common interest.

Old 06-15-2003, 01:37 PM   #10

TheVampClaudia HB User
Well, I have been smoking since I was 11. I am now 18. I am quitting though, due to certain circumstances. SOME men ARE jerks when they smoke weed. BUT, some aren't. It isn't the weed, its thier personality. But yes, I agree, if they aren't willing to stop smoking for you, then they really do not care about you in the first place. Why does him smoking pot bother you so bad? Is he mean to you? Or what?

Old 06-15-2003, 07:32 PM   #11
(male)

T-Bo HB User
Why did u pick him as a b/f if u don't like his weed smoking! U knew what u were getting yourself into!!

I went through the same <deleted> with my ex! And she was a frickin x-head, raver!! Definetly not my seen!

I told her to hit the road and guess what? I QUIT on my OWN ANYWAY!!!! Muhahahahahaha!!!!!! SUCKER!

Now she is the one who is a crystal meth, x-head, coke head, drug addict and I'm CLEAN as a whistle!! And LOVING IT!

My point is no one will change for YOU! They will only change for themselves. Plus with 3 billion women to choose from in this world, he could easily find someone who shares the same love for endo as he does!

IF YOU'RE STRAIGHT, FIND SOMEONE STRAIGHT!

IF YOU'RE A JUNKIE, FIND A JUNKIE!

Peace,

Tom

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 06-16-2003).]

Old 06-16-2003, 11:37 AM   #12

Mybabyboo876 HB User
I dont know what to tell you....Im going through the same thing right now too.I know it really sucks!I just hope things get better for you!!!

Old 06-17-2003, 07:03 AM   #13

Rixtar HB User
It is obivous that your boyfriend thinks of his own need to medicate himself above all other concerns.

Your perfect partner will always choose you over any thing or substance...time for you to move on.

Namaste

Rix

Old 07-28-2003, 11:40 PM   #14

nik86 HB User
Okay, I said this to someone. Pot is not the devil. It's his life he can do what he wants to with it. You just happen to be in his life. I'd watch out, if you keep on pestering him to quit he might break-up with you because, that must be annoying for him to hear. If you don;t like your boyfriend smoking pot then dump him and get one that don't.

--Nikki

Old 07-29-2003, 06:39 AM   #15
Inactive

Gine2D HB User
His Addiction will always come first in the choices.

You are a distant 2nd.

Your choice now.

G

Closed Thread