It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2003, 08:23 PM   #1

hoops11789 HB User
Exclamation what do i do the next day i tell a guy i like him??

hey! ok so whenever i get the courage to tell a guy (or get a friend to tell them) i like him, the next day i like won't look at him or im not sure if i should. please i need some good advice on what to do when i see the guy i like after they no i like them. i can be so shy in these situations, so i need some goooooood advice, no cheesy advice like "just say hi in the hallways!" nonononononono! please not advice like that. tell me what i should do!!!!! PLEASE REPLY I NEED ALL OF U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by hoops11789 (edited 07-27-2003).]

Old 07-26-2003, 09:03 PM   #2

Lifeguard HB User
Cool

sometimes the cheeziest advice is the best bet for your situation. I you know that he knows that you like him and he doesn't make a move(i.e. make eye contact with you and intentionally try to avoid you)it means that he probably likes you but is shy. on the otherhand if he does say hi or spark up a conversation or something then you have a chance. With you only being <deleted> it is no big deal if this weeks crush despises you because in the future you will meet someone better(it is guaranteed), becides in five years you will end up going to different colleges anyway.

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 07-28-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2003, 11:36 PM   #3

hoops11789 HB User
Unhappy

whenever i tell a guy how i feel about him, they wont even look at me or talk to me after. i usually get a friend to tell them for me or online. i also get so shy and im just not sure if i should talk to them or not. no corny advice like "go up and say hi!". ugh please i hate that stuff. thank you so much. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 04:24 PM   #4

hoops11789 HB User
Exclamation

please people...what do i do after a guy knows i like him???

Old 07-27-2003, 06:19 PM   #5

hoops11789 HB User
Thumbs down

HELP!!!

Old 07-27-2003, 09:15 PM   #6

GReeN_eLF HB User
first, it's better to tell someone you like them by yourself, if you use a friend it can come across that you're embarressed that you like them (and you shouldn't be)

second, after telling a guy you like them, dont let it change how you act, dont try to avoid him

third, talking IS important, but you aren't required to initiate it. when you're around the guy again, try and make eye contact and smile at him. if he smiles back, it could make it a lot easier to talk to him.

not too cheesy i hope. if worst comes to worst, talk to him on the internet and then work your way to real life

Old 07-27-2003, 09:46 PM   #7

hoops11789 HB User
Wink

thnx soo much green elf!! great advice! except wat would i say to him after they know i like them and i see them the next day???

Old 07-28-2003, 12:09 AM   #8

lilmexchicka HB User
well to tell uthe truth i kinda tell i guy i like him straight out if i do. n if he wont talk to me afterwards then i nkow he dun like me like that n so i strike up sumtin else or just let them b for a while until they come n talk to me u know? but if they act kool wit t n stuff act like nuttin has changed. n if they dun like u n they still come up n talk to u then that means they r just really good friends. u knwo?

Old 07-28-2003, 05:13 AM   #9

hoops11789 HB User
Exclamation

yea ur right...maybe i should just chill out and see what happens. but i do that all the time! i don't wanna wait anymore!

Old 07-28-2003, 06:06 AM   #10
Inactive

Karla HB User
I tried to invite this guy to go to the football game with me. He said he wouldn't go out with me if I where the last woman alive on this earth. I was crushed but not defeated. I talked to my girlfriend and asked her to talk to this guy and let him know I was serious and that I like him and want to go out with him. She talked to him and arranged for us to talk during a study hall we had together. Once we started talking we realized how much we had in common. We became best friends and 3 months latter we got engaged and now we have been married for 19 years. I say all that to say this. Sometimes if you like a boy you have to take the initiative. He said he didn't like me at first because he thought I was just joking around and going to ditch him or hurt him some how so he was trying to protect himself. Just be brave and make sure your feelings are known. You never know what may come of it.

Old 07-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #11

hoops11789 HB User
thnx for all ur advice
its so nice of u all to reply!! xoxoxoxo

Old 07-30-2003, 03:33 PM   #12

hoops11789 HB User
thnx again!!!

Closed Thread