It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2003, 11:01 PM   #1

SilentlyShattering HB User
Question ear piercing paranoia!

I got two ear piercings on the cartilage of my right ear. i just changed the earings and they got infected. now there are two bumps on the right side of my neck it feels swollen and i'm really paranoid about it, i think that they're my lymph nodes but i'm not sure. I NEED SOME HELP!

[This message has been edited by SilentlyShattering (edited 07-28-2003).]

Old 07-27-2003, 11:06 PM   #2

MelissaH HB User
On the side of your neck? Weird. When mine got infected I had a white lump where the piercing was and I had to let it grow back. I don't see how any infection could be in your neck...If you are really concerned, call a nurse at your clinic and describe it to her or ask the people where you got it pierced at. I know a lot of people who get infections from cartilage piercings, I know I'll never get it done again. I cleaned mine religiously and it still got horribly infected. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2003, 05:59 PM   #3

lynz HB User
hey hun, dont worry, the infection is just backed up. while it sounds gross, nothing bad will happen. just keep appying alcohol to the percings and the bumps on ur neck will go down.
PS. dont push on the bumps or try to drain them or anything, they'll only worse

Old 07-30-2003, 10:46 PM   #4

chickadee99 HB User
I would go to the doctor! When I got my ears pierced one time, they got infected and closed up, too.

------------------
~*~Courtney~*~

Old 07-31-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
Inactive

shellylay HB User
Yeah, I would go to the doctor too. I also, did the same kind of piercing (2 cartilage holes in the same year @ the same time) and when one got infected, so did the other. I would get bumps on the back of them too. Whenever I moved them, they would get infected again and I finially had to take them out and I had bumps there. They finally went away, but I never had lumps on my neck. I would go to the doctor's just in case. It could be just what lynz said, but maybe the doctor can give you some antibiotics to help with the infections. The downer might be that he/she may recommend that you will have to take them out.

g'luck

------------------

*~* ShEllyLAy *~*

Old 08-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #6

SpunkyPunkChick HB User
Wink

hey, i think that you are making way too big of a deal about it. in my opinion, i think that its just an infection that spread. it'll probably go away in a few weeks. so don't stress too much.

Closed Thread