It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2003, 04:39 AM   #1

PuNk1guy6 HB User
Post Girl problems

(Alright, I started writing this and noticed it was confusing so I will try to make it easier by adding numbers to make it easier to understand)

Alright, I have this problem between these two girls.

Girl #1 - I dated for four months and we were very close. She was sending me confusing signals all through the last month (which would have been our 5th month) and because she was trying to settle some things in her life she thought it would be best if we broke up. So we did, but she is still sending me mixed signals on her feelings although now she is starting to date this new guy (whom she says reminds her of me... whatever she means by that)

Girl #2 - Is Girl #1's best friend and is very close to me, she refers to me as her brother because of how close we are. She said lately that she has always thought of me as a great guy, but since her best friend (Girl #1) was going out with me I was "off limits." I did sort of like her more than the close friend relationship we had, but was very happy and really liked, maybe loved the other girl (Girl #1).

So my heart is sort of torn, I still really care for Girl #1, and she is sending me mixed signals still about us. But I also am starting to like Girl #2. So what should I do?

Old 08-03-2003, 07:54 AM   #2

writerboybc HB User
Man, that's a toughie...

I think all guys have been in a similar situation, though. I know that I was. I was going out with a girl who was giving me mixed signals, while also being in love with the "best friend" girl.

What I did was I went with my heart. I asked myself, "Who would I rather be with? Who would I have a better, more stable relationship with?"

My answer to your question is to the do the same. I don't know you or the two girls, so I can't say to pick one or the other. You have to look within yourself, dude, and ask whether you still love girl 1, or whether you'd rather pursue a relationship with girl 2. Who would you be happier with? Who could you imagine yourself with in five years? Who seems like they would be a better fit for you?

It sounds to me like you'd rather be with girl 1, though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 03:39 PM   #3

SpunkyPunkChick HB User
Smile

even though the two girls are best friends, i think that it would be ok for you to go out with girl 2 since girl 1 was the one that broke it off. in my opinion, you should go with girl 2 since girl 1 is seeing someone else. if you are still torn, try just hanging out with girl 2 as friends and see if you start feeling more for her.

good luck,
SpunkyPunkChick

Old 08-04-2003, 07:21 PM   #4
Inactive

shellylay HB User
Trust me, I've been in the same situation where I dated my friend's exb/f. Even though she said she was ok with it, it was harmful to our friendship. She and him were able to hang out and stuff, but our group couldn't b/c it felt uncomfortable. I say you shouldn't really date her best friend b/c:

1. you still kinda like your exg/f and
2. they are friends.

I think you should wait it out and see how you feel. You could just be lonely b/c you no longer have your g/f and since the other girl is available and she is sending you signals, you find comfort in that. Another possibility is to really have a long talk with the best friend. See how she feels about it and mention her friendship w/her friend and see if things will change. If you 2 do start to date, I think it's only fair for her to talk to her friend and see if she feels ok about it (even though she does have a new b/f).

G'luck

------------------

*~* ShEllyLAy *~*

Old 08-04-2003, 07:22 PM   #5

FirestormZero HB User
Don't get back with girl 1. She ended the relationship, and then hooked up with another guy. That is the harsh reality. Do not be suckered in to returning. If she wanted to figure things out in her life, she could have done so with you by her side. She chose not to.

To me, she sounds like a drama queen. She probably creates most of her own problems just for attention, and to get guys to come in and save her. She uses people because she doesn't know how to keep up a relationship. She probably wants you back and will try to get you back, but only when things fall through with the other guy. Leave her to suffer. She deserves it.

Girl 2 sounds like a good option. I think that she will make a much better partner. However this will destroy their friendship, giving your old girlfriend one less friend. That is a fact.

I think that girl 1 has hurt you enough bro. Get up, move on, and let her use others to fill her voids. She won't be satisfied with them, because ultimately she is not satisfied with herself. This is a her problem.
So mai gangsta fresh, find out what's behind door #2, and don't let door #1 hit your *** on the way out

Best,
FirestormZero

Old 08-05-2003, 04:15 PM   #6

tinyx1 HB User
i say to follow your heart

Closed Thread