It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2003, 06:55 AM   #1

NakedLunch HB User
Question Stay with her or not?

I've been "seeing" a girl for the past 6-7 months. I say "seeing" because she had a boyfriend the whole time. I know morally its not right, but basically the guy is an ******* and she told me that he threatened to hurt himself if she left him. Apparently recently he messed up his wrists because of her. I dont care much for these overly dramatic soap opera situations but I understand why she might feel trapped.

Anyways, apparently the guy called her to break up. Then after, called back and said he wanted to get back together. Now none of this makes sense according to what she told me about him before. She says she doesn't want to be with him and according to her, its over. But I'm not even sure if its been an "official" break up or not.

Now , I'm wondering if I should end it now or actually try starting a REAL relationship with her. The problem is, I don't know if I feel the same way about her anymore, and i don't know if the only reason I feel differently about her is for having to put up with her bf the whole time. I don't want to get into something with her and realize I have a bunch of repressed anger that is going to prevent me from being happy.

Do you think the wisest thing would be to just try things out, take a break, or just end things right now before getting deeper in? Thanks for any replies

Old 08-07-2003, 01:18 PM   #2
Inactive

shellylay HB User
Thumbs down

First of all, I had a b/f who was the same was as her current b/f. You really do feel trapped b/c the one you, at least like, is saying they will hurt themselves. I soon realized that if he does, he does and that's his own fault, not mine.

2nd, unfortunately, I would say to break it off completely. You two may have a good thing going, but if she completely breaks up with her b/c and then starts dating you, I think you'll have trouble from the exb/f. If anything, I would give them a few months to sort things out and then start dating her officially. You don't want the exb/f still in the picture!

G'luck

------------------

*~* ShEllyLAy *~*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread