It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2003, 08:29 PM   #1

sunkistt29 HB User
Post Flirting dilema

I can't help myself when it comes to flirting. I do it without even noticing it. My friends constantly tell me to stop it and they are getting fed up with it. I don't even notice when I am doing it. PLEASE give me tips or something. I am tired of everyone getting irritated with me. I personally don't even think it's a big deal.

Old 08-02-2003, 10:03 PM   #2

FirestormZero HB User
They are jealous because you are getting male attention. Solution: Talk to guys less. Odds are your normal method of interacting are overly flirtacious. I'm sure you don't mean to be. But yah probably are coming on a bit too strong. Be more distant towards guys. Don't make sexual jokes or innuendos. Be more uptight than normal and you'll be fine.

Or. Be yourself. **** friends, you're your own person damnit. You can talk however the hell yah want. I like that approach better, but it may lose you friends. And get you guys instead!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
I say do what you want to do. As the above person said, I think they're just jealous that you get attention. If you really want to stop though, stop paying so much attention to them, try to hang out with your regular friends more at parties and stuff. Good luck.

Old 08-02-2003, 11:13 PM   #4

50000TearsIveCried HB User
Hun, i had, still do but not as bad, the same problem. Please don't screw your friends, chances are you'll lose them. And then you're stuck flirting with guys, which may not seem like a bad thing, but then you have no1 to brag about the ones you snag to lol. STILL FLIRT (not so aggressively though), but be sure to include ur friends when they are around. That's one of the reasons they are upset, that and because they wish they had the nerve to flirt too. You can't go out with a group of guys and girls, totally ignore the females, and flirt like crazy. You're friends are going to feel stupid and that will result in resenting u. Now to fix this problem, flirt with the guys for a few minutes, and then maybe ignore them for a little and just tlak to the girls. TWO PLUSES-The girls forgive you...and the guys will be wanting u more because ur playing hard to get! GOOD LUCK!

Old 08-03-2003, 04:02 PM   #5

I Love Him, Dont I HB User
HEY I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN I AM THE SAME I EVEN FIND MY SELF FLIRTING WITH MY OWN BROTHER OR MY BISHOP SAID HUH I GUESS IT IS JUST WHAT WE ARE BLESSED WITH "CONFIDENCE" HEHE WELL HOPE THAT I KINDA HELP KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LOL :BOUNCING:

------------------
~*~i love to flirt is my real user name i had to chang it~*~

Old 08-03-2003, 10:04 PM   #6

hoops11789 HB User
Angry

just don't act all prissy. and try to not even talk to people that ur friends like, cause i know i liked a guy but my friend like stole him when she flirted with him. just don't look for so much attention. cause i know that people that always flirt just want attention. be nice to ur friends and respect how they feel.

Old 08-08-2003, 04:47 AM   #7

Snagglepuss HB User
sunkistt29 believe me i know EXACTLY what u mean i went thru the same thing. what u may see as flirting is different than what other people see as flirting. gosh some of my friends would say i was flirting when i was just talking to a guy. and then they would tell my boyfriend and we'd have a huge fight bla bla bla grrr people can be so dumb *rolleyes* just tell them that ur not flirting your beign friendly and having a good time. they'll either deal and get over it or go take a flyign leap haha

Old 08-08-2003, 02:06 PM   #8

disc0sheep HB User
If you don't think it's a big deal then you're friends shouldn't either. They're a probably just jealous.

Closed Thread