It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2003, 11:59 PM   #1

SpunkyPunkChick HB User
Unhappy insecure...HELP

i have recently begun feeling insecure about myself. a year ago, my best friend moved and i have been hanging out with a new crowd. they are all like, the stuck up superficial kind and they talk bad about alot of ppl, and i hate how they do that. my best friend and i were totally alike so i was always comfortable. i barely have anything in common with my new "friends" so therefore, i am pretty much the loner of the group. we hang out with these guys who were friends with them before me and so they barely pay attention to me either. then to make things worse my boyfriend just recently broke up with me. i've been feeling like crap lately and i just need some advice. high school was supposed to be fun...please help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 12:28 AM   #2

pandakat HB User
Lightbulb

Well I'm not sure what to tell ya really. I haven't really had an expiriance like that before. But when it comes to highschool, it's gonna be the best time of your life, and the worst time of your life. All I can tell you is use up your days till they're gone. And don't let any go to waste. Life isn't an inexuahstable well like everybody thinks it is.

------------------
-pandakat

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 12:37 AM   #3

SilentlyShattering HB User
Lightbulb

hey, i understand how you feel. I've been though a situation like that before, all I can tell you is that maybe you need to find yourself some new friends that care about you. Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by SilentlyShattering (edited 08-09-2003).]

Old 08-09-2003, 03:05 AM   #4

Kylie1 HB User
yeah I know what thats like. Don't be afraid to talk and make friends with other people around the school. Hopefully you will end up drifting to a group of people you get along with better. Good luck

Old 08-09-2003, 08:15 AM   #5
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
Well for a lot of people HS is overrated in the fun category. Especially compared to college.

Anyway, this group that you seem to hang out with sound like real losers. Certainly not something you seem to fit.
There are plenty of people at school, and there are sure to be a few who you have similarities with.

I never really fit into any crowd growing up. I preferred being alone, however that didn't fly for certain things. And sometimes it jsut looks better if you are able to fit into a group.

I say see about finding someone else who is in the same boat. If you notice anyone who's alone, maybe you can go up to them and just start talking or something. See what they're about and why they're alone. Odds are it will be somehow linked to the reasons why you find yourself in your situation.

HS flies by. Trust me. Once you leave HS, more often than not you never see those people in HS. For the most part anyway. You may pass some, but that's all.
So, try not to sweat it too too much

Closed Thread