It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2003, 11:24 PM   #1

TraptFanatic089 HB User
Exclamation HELP ME PLEZ

Hey I have a problem until this year I used to cut myself a lot and i ever since have become obsessed like I will toy with cutting if i get upset altho i never do it..i told my mom and she didnt care so i have never got help about it..my mom an dad think im happy and normal but im really not in fact im worse than ever like extrme hiighs and lows...help me plez!

Old 08-10-2003, 11:47 PM   #2

Naldoon HB User
You are most likey a maniac depressive, or bi-polar disorder. HIGHLY dangerous and not something to toy with. Talk to a counslor at work, and see your doctor with our without your mom. You need to get this toyed with. You have a very dangerous tendoncies, and with your high's and low's tells me most likely bi-polar. And i'm gong to be honest, that disorder, when untreated, as a high suicide/drug rate. and if anyone with either one of those got into drugs is very dangerous and a terible idea.

Nineteen Male

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 02:35 PM   #3
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
You need to get help. Your parents obviously don't understand the extent of the problem.
If you're in school, you need to go to a councelor and get help immediately. Don't worry about them judging you. THey're there to help.
You could also go to a free clinic or something, and seek help. If still you are having problems, do a search online to find help at a place near you. Might also help to join a support group- be it online or actual meetings(like AA holds).

Don't play around with this. Seek help. It's crucial.
Best of luck to you

Old 08-11-2003, 02:46 PM   #4
Inactive

Karla HB User
I used to cut myself also. It can be a very dangerous thing to do and then again sometimes it isn't. But the chance is that something dangerous will happen. Please talk to a councelor at school or work and explain to them what you told us. They can talk to your parents and get them to realize that this is a problem that needs to be dealt with. Try not to cut anymore. Talk to a freind and confide in them. Then promise them you will call them before you cut yourself and let them know how you are feeling. It gives you a chance to calm
down and change your mind. Keep a log of when you cut yourself. The time of day and what you were feeling at the time emotionly. A dr. may want to see this when you start to see a dr. Good luck.

Old 08-11-2003, 09:45 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
If it helps, there is a depression board that may be able to offer some advice or similar situations and remedies...

Old 08-12-2003, 03:21 PM   #6
(female)

Pleaides77 HB User
Arrow

Hey Trapt-

If you feel the need to talk to others who also have the some problem, you're more than welcome to come join us on the Self-injury board. We have a very friendly and accepting group over there.

~F

------------------
--I don't want to make excuses, but my horoscope said it would be a bad year.--Beulah

Closed Thread