It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2003, 09:26 PM   #1

jaimewi HB User
Post Am I too crazy for him?

I'm 18, a senior in high school, my boyfriend of 10 months is 30, divorced and father of 2 kids. I moved in with him about 6 months ago. He currently supports me financially and is willing to pay for my college tuition. I love him and I know that he loves me. Sometimes I feel like I'm already married to him..and HELLO I am still in high school!! Am I being crazy?

Old 08-02-2003, 09:48 PM   #2

FirestormZero HB User
Yes.

Not the answer you want to here, is it?

Alright, assess your life. What do you want to do? Do you want to be married and a stay at home mom before you get your chance to go out and see the world. Do you really love him? You are half his age.

Ok. Now, realize this. If you break up while going to college, you are screwed. If possible move back in with your parents. If he loves you, he will be able to wait for you. If not then you've spared yourself betrayal. A man who would date someone half his own age, that is rather shady.

Girl you need to finish highschool, finish college, and make something of yourself before marrying a man. Your dreams matter. Achieve them. Because I don't want to hear about another girl who didn't achieve what she wanted to do, and just let some man take care of her.

As strange as the age difference is, you may have found something wonderful. But this is not the time to think of marraige. Do not become dependent on him. I really warn you of this.

Best of Luck
FirestormZero

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2003, 10:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Once again, FireStorm sums it up.

I think it is great that you have found the man you love, but as he said, are oyu really ready to settle down? You haven't even lived yet really, you need to complete college and get a steady path in life, and THEN think about settling down, don't you think?

Good luck.

Old 08-02-2003, 11:06 PM   #4

50000TearsIveCried HB User
Firestorm, ur so funny! And the advice is great too. I can't top your answer, I'm not gonna even try.

[This message has been edited by 50000TearsIveCried (edited 08-03-2003).]

Old 08-06-2003, 12:20 PM   #5

kbunch HB User
I do not think its crazy that you want to marry this man. I just have to agree with 50000tearsivecried that you shouldn't depend on him.

Old 08-07-2003, 01:12 PM   #6
Inactive

shellylay HB User
Wink

I've agreed with you all. I will say that I have a friend who all she wants to do it is get married and have babies. If that's you, then you are doing the right thing. Also remember your age, and what may lie ahead of you!

G'luck girl.

------------------

*~* ShEllyLAy *~*

Old 08-13-2003, 01:59 PM   #7

megs HB User
isnt that illegal

Old 08-15-2003, 08:14 AM   #8

50000TearsIveCried HB User
Nope, not if she's 18.

Closed Thread