It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 02:53 PM   #1

megs HB User
Post should i should i should i

ok, im dating this guy (skater)... were going on 2 months now and ive only seen him 7 times, but i really really like him, hes pretty good looking but sometimes he grosses me out. My friends say that i can do way better, but they dont know him like I do. Hes a really awesome guy and funny and stuff, but sometimes i just cant stand him like the way he tries to be all cute and call me lame nicknames, and nibble on my ear, i just want to be like F*** off! And hes not sweet at all. And once we went to the movies and i was already in there and he came to the door and said that he didnt have enough money, so i had to give him $4.00, i didnt think it was a big deal, but when i told my friends they thot it was. Almost all my friends think that i should dump him cuz he doesnt treat me right, so i have been considering it. I mean... i dont even like to kiss my bf not to mention doing other stuff with him (which we have done NOTHING ive only seen him 7 times) thats pretty bad. But he likes me so much and i like him.. i dono. Im going camping on the 22nd and at the campsite i will be staying at, there is lots of hot guys that i see every summer including this one guy that ive liked for 4 summers now and i really dont want a boyfrined while i go up there to see him cuz everyone knows kyle and noone likes him cept for me. Im confused about everyting i dont know what to do, i hardly sleep im such a basket case! aaahhhhh! Should i dump him????

------------------
*megs*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 03:55 PM   #2

TexasSun HB User
It sounds to me like you'd be happier to be just friends with this bf of yours. But just hear me out...

Even if he is good looking...if he grosses you out, he's inconsiderate, or he's just not your ideal guy, then why settle for that? He sounds like the kind of guy who takes advantage of his good looks and just likes to have a girl...just to say he has a nice gf and then turn around and not treat you like a good boyfriend should. I myself, would prefer a boyfriend whom I could say "Aww...your so sweet!" to, and someone that I really enjoy spending time with. And if you don't really look forward to seeing him...well that kinda stinks, doesn't it? I have a friend who has been dating a very nice guy (looking and definately personality wise) for over a year now, and she always tells me that she still looks forward to EVERYDAY with him, even if it's just being in the same room together. There's a big difference between 'liking' and 'liking as a boyfriend'. He may be alright to hang with occasionally but maybe not as a couple.

Plus if you have only seen him 7 times, maybe before this camping trip you could spend a little more time with him. With more time he may start to change around you, and with that time you can decide if you really want to stay a couple. But remember...not being a couple doesn't mean you can't still be good friends and get to know eachother better. And technically...until teenagers just took the title and turned it into a game...dating is the first step to a relationship that may lead to engagement and marriage. Therefore it would make since to have a boyfriend with whom you could imagine yourself with in the future. Can you imagine being with him in years to come?

Best of luck and do what makes YOU happy

------------------
"Silly cowboys...trucks are for girls!"

Closed Thread