It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2003, 01:32 PM   #1

bigriles86 HB User
Post Girls what can a guy do to impress you?

like i mean are girls impressed by ripped bodies and being good at sports. How big a turn off is some acne. What can us guys do to get with you! ahaha just jokin but i mean what things do u like in a guy.

Old 03-25-2003, 02:41 PM   #2

crazysweets HB User
I just like a guy who isn't afraid to be himself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
I like a guy who doesn't try too hard to get on my good side, yet.. I don't like a guy who doesn't try at all. Not having the same likes are OK. Just be yourself, don't act as a pushover,or showoff. Just get a girl with your itelligent, funny, and nice personality. Ripped bodies are not a big thing, although they are a turn on. And as for acne, honestly.. I rarely notice it.

I see it like this.. when you focus on something on yourself more, the more you will focus to that part on other people. Whether its something you like or don't like about yourself. I tend to focus a lot on a guys hair and eyes. When a guy has great hair and eyes its a big *thumbs up* from me.

Old 03-25-2003, 03:42 PM   #4

GoodnightElisabeth HB User
Sure I'm impressed by a ripped body; but it certainly doesn't mean that I'm attracted to it. Acne never bothered me - it happens to most people, and you really cannot control it...so why should it matter?

Personally, what I'm attracted to (rather than impressed by) is a guy with a good sense of humor, someone who's modest, and someone who knows what he wants. Someone who's easy to talk to. Physically...well, eyes do the trick for me, as well as goooooood shoulder muscles.

Old 03-29-2003, 08:11 PM   #5

spikie HB User
being polite is very impressive and being funny

Old 03-29-2003, 09:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
I'm attracted to a guy whose himself. Of course good manners, a sense of humor and honesty is great too.

Old 04-01-2003, 12:29 PM   #7

hello2u HB User
Smile

I am attracted to geeky guys lol. My friends make fun of me because my type is short scrawny and pale. I dont know, there is just something about geeky looking kids. Anywho. To answer your question. I just want to be comfortable with a guy. Someone i can trust. I wouldnt be the one who would just start dating someone after one day. I would have to know them. I find it much easier to do that because it is easier to read them. You know what they are thinking and you know what makes them smile or cry or happy. Physical appearance doesnt mean anything to me. You could be the ugliest person ever but if your personality rocked, i would be with you in a second. I also feel that the person grows more attractive when you like them. I hate guys that are cocky. I really dont know any girl who does, except for a cocky girl. You just have to be yourself and have fun. So there you go, that is my point of view.

Old 04-08-2003, 05:42 PM   #8

KuJo HB User
Just dont act too immature around girls....cause alot of guys at my school are totally immature in what they say and do and are always being perverted and cussing because for some reason they think it looks really cool. Im not saying you shouldnt ever cuss or anything just watch what you say around girls and just be a sweet guy ...in other words just be yourself. Cause even tho girls laugh when youre immature most of them think you just sound like an idiot
!KuJo!

Old 04-09-2003, 12:25 PM   #9

FaithfulyWaiting HB User
Guys should be genuinely nice, polite, and think of the girls best interests. He shouldn't be always trying to get into bed with her. He should be sweet, romantic, and not immature. Immature guys are a HUGE turn-off. Maturity is definately the key I think..

Old 04-09-2003, 03:39 PM   #10

Sofver HB User
big winkie cute face j.k I liek guys who are mature and care about you and treat u as they would treat their mother HOPEFULLY GOOD!

Old 04-09-2003, 07:23 PM   #11

shelovestoski HB User
Cool

Sense of humor is really important to me. Good manners are as well. Maturity is also important, and I am incredibly attracted to really intelligent guys. As far as looks go, the acne isn't a problem as long as it isn't overwhelming, and a great personality can definitely make up for "not so great" looks.

Old 04-30-2003, 04:21 AM   #12

isis6 HB User
Smile

A guy who smokes is a turn off for me. Acne isn't, as long as the guy is himself regardless.A sporty guy is attractive, I must admit, but guys who show off and try to prove something to a girl just make us girls cringe- sorry guys!!!!!!

Old 05-01-2003, 06:15 PM   #13

AnythingButOrdinary HB User
to me, (and all girls are different and we have our opinions) guys need to respect the girl more than anything! treat her nicely..especially in front of his guy friends, thats really important. a guy who ignores his girl..or girl "friend" who he likes or acts stupid around her is just a jerk. be respectful, caring. i personally go for scawny guys lol, not too scrawly but im thinking frankie munez skinny if you know what i mean, lol. acne..not something you can control BUT i dont like it at all, at least try things to get rid of it. hope i helped, like i said, were all different so you cant exactly be mr right for everyone. later homies

Old 05-04-2003, 04:38 PM   #14

rach923 HB User
superfically, i like guys who dress nice, who put gell in their hair and spike it in the front, and guys who always have a little bit of "rough" on their faces, but not any identifiable facial hair..thats cute..

on the inside, i like a guy who is funny, who appreciates my personality(the good and bad), who makes the most of the intellect that he has been given, who is polite (opens doors for me, walks me to my car, checks up on me), and i also go for guys that are kinda on the shy side, i like being the dominate personality, but still the "female that wants taken care of" at the same time...confusing.

btw, the acne, guys don't have to have clear skin to be totally hot, and i myself probably have just as many blemishes as any guy i've been interested in, if not more...

hope this helps
rach

August 1999: diagnosed with GERD and IBS...put on zantac, then aciphex
Spring 2000: diagnosed with TMJ...have lower splint
September 2000: hospitalized for failure to thrive due to malnutrition and dehydration; fed with ng tube for 3 months, put on prilosec
2001-02: developed chronic sinusitis/rhinitis from NG tube, put on nasonex and allegra
January 2002: switched GI's, diagnosed with hiatal hernia, switched to nexium, added peppermint oil, put on bentyl PRN for pain, zoloft for nausa
March 2003: IBS getting worse, switched PRN bentyl to BID levbid ER
May 2003: diagnosed with asthma from GERD, put on advair and singulair, albuterol PRN
May 2003: back pain and limited mobility, caused by 2002 car accident and dance injury, unidentified
April-June 2003: minor ear irritation and hearing problems, and extra sinus swelling, unidentified
May-June 2003: heartburn recurring even with meds!- GI put me on 40mg Pepcid Rx in the morning and at bedtime...Seems to be holding over till August...
July: chest x-ray came back, found mild thoracic scoliosis, and small "heart shadowing", EKG results are coming...

Old 05-19-2003, 05:34 PM   #15

bba_fat HB User
Wink

Well, I can't speak for all the girls, but from past experience I think that a guy who is himself is a plus. I think a good way to win the heart of a girl is to be emotionally connected with her. Most girls like the mushy gushy stuff so sometimes a guy has to talk to her emotionally and really tell how they feel. Just be careful not to do it all the time, they might think that you are gay . A guy that stands out from everyone (humorous) is a good plus.

Closed Thread