It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 12:05 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
Post Complicated Situation

Hmm lets see, this is kinda hard to explain, so I will try my best...

I have been friends with this girl from out of town since we were born because of our parents. She comes to visit me, or I go to visit her, a few times a year, and we talk every day online. She's the kind of girl I can talk abuot anything with, and vice versa. I basically love this girl as a friend, and have thought about her on a higher level, especially after she told me how she feels about me (which obviously is good) and how long she has felt like that. I love it when we see each other, and we're great friends, despite the 2 year age difference. The past couple of years or so though, my cousin has been down and it became the 3 of us basically. He is my age FYI. So lately she has been really attracted to him, not so much to his habits (drinking and partying), but to his looks really, and they talk online a LOT. I kind of feel that I am slowly being pushed out here, even though we've talked about this and she says that will never happen. (after the last time she did tell me she liked me less...)But anyways, it's gotten to the point where I dread when she comes, because when she comes, my cousin is here, and it sucks having to watch them flirt, him give her backrubs, all that stuff, and I just know I will find them making out in my house sometime very soon (she hasn't kissed anybody before, she told my cousin that she wants to wait until she is 15 or so). After she told him that, she said that November (her birthday month) isn't that far away, then he said "neither is new years" (usually when we all get together), and that really really bugs me. She is such a good girl, and he would do anything, and from past experiences with her, I know he will try to get her to do things she wouldn't normally do (I don't think she could fully control what's going on given the fact that she likes him soooo much). So I guess maybe I am getting jealous on a romantic level and thinking that she is liking him more (as friends) than me, and I really don't like what is going on. What do you suggest I do? Thanks for reading if you read the whole thing.

TAONTA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 09:56 PM   #2

megs HB User
Smile

This is me and my friend talking... and we think that you need to tell your cousin to back off a bit and explain that you two have been friends for a while and you and her both have an atraction to eachother. Well since he's been here, he has been such a flirt that she is noticing him more and its been getting on your nerves. But try to explain it clearly and make shure he understands exactly where your coming from. As for her i'm positive that this is just a little "fling" if you can even call it that, because once he's gone she will realize what you two were trying to get at before he arrived. If hes planning on staying there for a long time, we suggest that you have this girl over when hes not there, talk to her about it, and make her see what you have that your cousin doesnt, flirt with her (you know she still likes you it cant hurt). Because what you guys have is so more meaningful than Anytghing that "could" happen between them (it probly won't) she'll realize it too, and definatly agree with you. Just have a talk with both of them (diffrent times and when there alone of course) tell your cousin to back off and the girl that you have feelings for her and the way she's flirting with your cousin and ignoring oyu has well got on your nerves. but it will ALL end once he leaves for shure. Dont sweat it

Old 08-18-2003, 01:33 AM   #3

chickadee99 HB User
First of all, it's really sweet that you care about this girl so much. I think it's cool that you two have known each other for such a long time and still get together. Maybe soon she will realize that he may not be the type of guy she wants to be with, because of his habits. Looks aren't everything. Have you tried telling her how you feel about this? Maybe you should tell her your afraid she'll get hurt or feel forced to do stuff that she doesn't want to do or is not ready to do, if she is with him. Personally, I'd like to hear that her first kiss was with you. Y'all have history, memories, a good friendship, and maybe someday that will turn into something more! Let us know what happens.

Closed Thread