It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2003, 05:30 PM   #1

bluewave117 HB User
Post is appearance everything?

I want to know if it really is looks that attract a guy to a girl, i know that everyone says looksaren't evrything, but i can't help feeling that without looks, waht else can be attractive enough to get a datae invite, or for a guy to want to get to know you better. Everyone says that it is personality and what's on the inside that matters, but i want to know the truth. When you respond to this, just tell the truth and don't just write waht you think it should be, write what you know it is...Thanks

Old 06-19-2003, 06:24 PM   #2

armageddon69 HB User
Well, when you are young, especially in high school, looks are generally pretty important. Call me superficial, but I would not want to marry or go out with a real ugly person. If she is decent looking, and has a great personality, then yes, i would go for her. But give me a gorgeous chick with a decent personality, and an ugly, fat woman with a great personality, Ill take the first one

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2003, 10:54 PM   #3

procharged HB User
I agree with armageddon.

Looks are definitely a plus, and that is what attracts me to a girl. I know it's not entirely the same for every guy. Good looks + Good personality, I will fall in love with, lol.

Old 06-20-2003, 12:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Looks are definetly a factor, especially if you are in the younger years. But, it's more of "how high are your standards" thing. But anyways, it's a person's looks that make a guy/girl approach each other to start a conversation if they don't know each at all.

Old 06-22-2003, 02:53 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

KarlT HB User
im still in high skool so for me looks really matter

Old 06-22-2003, 03:16 PM   #6
Veteran

UF baby HB User
Maybe when some of these guys grow up they will realize the triviality of looks when it comes to relationships.

Old 06-23-2003, 09:56 PM   #7

abbygirl3112 HB User
okay...
this might sound COMPLETLY shallow, but the way I see it is--
if your with a group for the first time...say kids from all different middle schools forming one highschool or something....

people first talk to people based on how they look, or how the person thinks they look...and after the conversation, they decide how their personality is...

i kinda doubt that people go up and talk to really gross looking people just because they think they might have a good personality..

so in a way, i kinda think that looks matter a lot--- dont get me wrong....i think personality matters a whole lot too but first you see the outside of someone, then the inside...does anyone see what i mean?

Old 06-24-2003, 12:22 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
abbygirl, I know exactly what you're talking about. It's also the same way I feel. For ex. - I will be INITIALLY attracted to a person by their looks, but truly love them because of their personality.

[This message has been edited by Andrew29 (edited 06-24-2003).]

Old 06-24-2003, 05:42 AM   #9
(male)

Zoider HB User
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew29:
I will be INITIALLY attracted to a person by their looks, but truly love with them because of their personality.
We'll said Andrew, I couldn't agree with you more, how many times have I been attracted to someone Physically, but once I got to know them, didn't want to go any further

------------------
---
"It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole."

Old 06-25-2003, 01:08 AM   #10
Inactive

netviper13 HB User
It's absurd to call someone shallow because he/she makes initial judgements about a person based on appearance, we're naturally designed to do just that. Now dating someone with no personality whatsoever just for their looks would be shallow. Remember that looks may get you initial attraction, but only in highschool will they get you a girlfriend.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:35 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
No it's not everything, personality matters, although looks are good for initial attraction.

Old 06-29-2003, 07:08 PM   #12

onflamesforhim HB User
Well looks may not be everything , but look at it this way , if you had two gurls ones really pretty , and the other isn't as pretty , but the really pretty one may have a worse personaility , you know the better looking one will get asked out , but every now in then some one comes along who could care less about looks , but thats the way it is , and theres not much really to do about it.

------------------
I never tried to give my life meaning , By demeaning you. And I just want to say for the record , I did everythins that I could do. I'm not saying that I am a saint I just don't wanna live that way!~

Old 06-29-2003, 09:41 PM   #13

gcroxmyhallway HB User
Looks really do matter, but everyone has their own perspective on a nice looking person. To one guy, a girl may look ugly to him, and to a different guy, she may look beautiful. It depends what a person thinx beauty is or looks like.

Old 06-29-2003, 10:59 PM   #14

pandakat HB User
it mostly depends on the person. now i'll admit that when a very good looking girl passes by me she catches my attention...true. however, would i ever want to be with her? probably not. when i'm looking for a girl to actually date i look mostly for personallity. i want them to be pretty too. but i am not looking for a totally sexy fox. then again...that's just me. some other guys are different.

------------------
-pandakat

Old 07-01-2003, 03:08 PM   #15

CaBoOdLeD HB User
Liek advice given, yes looks most likely do matter when you are younger.

But get this, if the guy/girl is really hot and u are goin out with them or sumthin, jus based on their looks, and they turn out to be complete ***holes or boring as hell, then whuts the point?

To me.. Looks sorta matter, yes, but whut theyre like is better, cuz if theyre borin, whuts the point :P

Closed Thread